Computer help

stew-b":2i4p29gz said:
many many millions of people have used it for many years without problem,i suspect you have serious pc issues.....

PC is fine. I re-install every 6 months or so, runs very well, quick no complaints, no crashes, no viruses, no pop ups, nothing. I know my way around PC's, been using them since the early 90's (IBM Clones :LOL: ) and t'internet since '95 or so.

I do agree that many millions use AVG with no problems, not for me for some reason.

try using this http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php to scan the pc. I'd agree that it does sound likes it screwed. Some trojans and viruses will screw with the system so that AV software cannot work correctly and your PC sound knackered if you have those sorts of errors.

If you do know your way around PC's then you should know never to delete a program folder manually as it screws things up.

Try the AVG remover tool that they provide on their website.

http://www.avg.com/download-tools

This is a good case for paying for AV software that comes with technical support!!!

I re-installed AVG and then used the un-install. It must have installed badly in the first place.
Anyway, all gone now :LOL:

I do have a ghost image ;)
I am very impatient when it comes to PC's. If i click on it it's got to be instant :LOL: hence the clean install to keep things moving nicely. Doesn't take long to be honest, don't always use the ghost image i made, sometimes start from scratch.
I kow there are other ways, but i like my way :cool:

Easy_Rider":1tsna3kd said:
I re-installed AVG and then used the un-install. It must have installed badly in the first place.
Anyway, all gone now :LOL:

I do have a ghost image ;)
I am very impatient when it comes to PC's. If i click on it it's got to be instant :LOL: hence the clean install to keep things moving nicely. Doesn't take long to be honest, don't always use the ghost image i made, sometimes start from scratch.
I know there are other ways, but i like my way :cool:

Back