"Complete Nutters" when it rains it pours !!!

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Just a rant really, "but why is the world full of nutters ?" Just getting back on my feet health wise (and its been a real long slog) when last night some complete nutter walked up to me on my local cycle path and knocked me clean out !!!.

Some massive guy came out of nowhere, stopped me on my local cycle path, said hello, then without warning simply punched my lights out. Woke up a few minutes later. Right eye is useless (so can't ride anymore until it heals). 2 knocked out front teeth (snapped so left the roots in & I can't eat). Massive head bruising. Lips like Mick Jagger after lipsuction gone wrong.

Then in the hospital the idiots glued my eyelids together, ripped them back open before they set solid. Got no skin on my lower lid, and more super glue crusts on both lids than Vitus use on their bonded frames.

"I'm starting to get the feeling that I had a bad day yesterday" What do you reckon ? Oh and Liverpool lost to Chelsea. The defeat was acceptable, the beating simply incomprehensible, but the glue almost broke the camels back I tell you.

Oh well its not all bad news, " at least the bike was still there when I woke up, .... and it was undamaged ". Life has it's little respites I guess :) Later everyone Laz.

PS: anyone wanna swap lives with me for a while so I can get some miles in ?

Very sorry to hear that Laz - what a scumbag. :evil:

I was already thinking 'Get well soon': 'hang in there' might be just as appropriate.

I hope the nurse looking after you is pretty at any rate.

Really sorry to hear what happened to you.

Some people are just totally retarded. I've just been watching the news about the 94 year old lady who was beaten up in her bed while she was asleep.

Sad little pond life.

I hope they catch up with the guy who did that to you.

Thanks Friends :) Sometimes life beggars belief, and sometimes it just leaves me speechless :shock: If anything it serves as a wakeup call. I know many regulars on that path and know when to avoid and when to stop and say hello. This particular time I just thought the guy was a regular who knew me, otherwise I would have avoided him. I had time to turn around and go back where I'd came from (done it many many times when unsure who is approaching) but just made a bad call.

My local paper is on to it, but as I said to them, "don't want the jerk to even remotely get the picture of what his handy work did so he can gloat / feel good about himself". It's all about keeping going, and L2P on July4th :)

My best to you all, yours Laz.

PS: the path in question is a small section of the route62 that runs from Southport to Hull. It's a cracking route and I met just last year with a 5 strong group of Dutch riders doing the entire length. My section is between Aintree racecourse and Walton Vale, about 3km long, but quite wooded & full of wildlife. Since I'm a closet wildlife fanatic I like to wile away some hours every night riding up and down the 3km section (often racking up 30+km per night). Particularly love the foxes (not the jerks who hunt & kill them with red torches and pitbulls) and my favourites the Tawny Owls. Always had a soft spot for Tawny Owls (long story).

All in all guys, I live in a part of Liverpool that is currently the murder capital of the North West (7 murders on my immediate doorstep just this last 24months or so). Its a rough area full of drug takers, drug dealers, nutters, wanna be's. Most folk are on 10 out of 10 red alert living round here. It's been time to move for a while, but alas, circumstances prevent it, so I'm here to stay for a while longer yet.

Really sorry to hear about what happened, a very sad tale to read indeed. Hope you're on the mend soon.

Best wishes,
David

That is a really bad day. Why were your eyelids glued? Was the hospital tring to make your day worse?

I hope you eye heals up soon. Will the NHS do your teeth?

Latest posts

Back