"Complete Nutters" when it rains it pours !!!

Blimey :( Hope you get mended soon.

About teeth, you need to contact the CICA (the police will help) and yes, remedial treatment is available on the NHS. If you need implants then these may be available through the NHS via your local NHS Consultant in Restorative Dentistry.

Presumably at the Dental School in Liverpool or at the Local District General if you are nearer.

Best wishes

Shaun

Hey Laz, sorry to hear more bad news, that karma is taking it's time coming back to you!

Wishing you well, thought it was bad round my way...

I know that part of the Loop, gutted for you as it's usually a quiet oasis amongst the bedlam...

Hope the scumbag receives the karma he deserves!

Thanks again everybody, I appreciate the thoughts & kind comments :) I'm trying to pretend it hasn't shaken me, but approaching 50 I have to accept my fearless days are gone now, and my boxing skills of youth long behind me. I've had idiots jump out on me before whilst night riding, but never this.

That part of the loop is quiet, but, when darkness falls all sorts of things go on there, I've seen people stash drugs (or so assume), lots of young drunks up there, lots of stolen property gets recovered from that stretch by the police. I guess its just time for me to "use the safest routes only for future night rides" and avoid fullstop nature outings especially with my little girl in tow. It's the latter that makes me shudder. This would have occurred even if she was there :cry:

I'm taking it all as a sign to "retire from the fast lane" and grow old gracefully (disgracefully too). As for my lost teeth, in short I'll just have to stop smiling with my mouth open. NHS repairs are very hard to come by these days (long story) and private repairs are way out of my reach. My priority right now is to keep the L2P momentum going, and worry about life after that :)

Thanks again everyone, "it's very comforting to listen to sane humans" in this ever crazier world I find myself living in. My best to you all, yours Anthony aka Laz.

PS: the guy who glued my eyelids together was trying to find a way to stitch the 2 gashes under my right eye. The first 1 mm from my eyelid, the other a huge 1"+ slightly lower down from the first. At least now it's finally stopped bleeding & weeping :)

SIMONFREESE":24u73vg6 said:
Hope you start to feel better soon Laz...

+1

As for your teeth, surely something can be done on the NHS? With the battering you've had, would you not be entitled to some sort of criminal injuries compensation if paying for new teeth is the only option?

If you haven't already, gotta be worth seeking some advice...

Lazarus":3f7g7blg said:
Thanks Friends :) Sometimes life beggars belief, and sometimes it just leaves me speechless :shock: If anything it serves as a wakeup call. I know many regulars on that path and know when to avoid and when to stop and say hello. This particular time I just thought the guy was a regular who knew me, otherwise I would have avoided him. I had time to turn around and go back where I'd came from (done it many many times when unsure who is approaching) but just made a bad call.

My local paper is on to it, but as I said to them, "don't want the jerk to even remotely get the picture of what his handy work did so he can gloat / feel good about himself". It's all about keeping going, and L2P on July4th :)

My best to you all, yours Laz.

PS: the path in question is a small section of the route62 that runs from Southport to Hull. It's a cracking route and I met just last year with a 5 strong group of Dutch riders doing the entire length. My section is between Aintree racecourse and Walton Vale, about 3km long, but quite wooded & full of wildlife. Since I'm a closet wildlife fanatic I like to wile away some hours every night riding up and down the 3km section (often racking up 30+km per night). Particularly love the foxes (not the jerks who hunt & kill them with red torches and pitbulls) and my favourites the Tawny Owls. Always had a soft spot for Tawny Owls (long story).

All in all guys, I live in a part of Liverpool that is currently the murder capital of the North West (7 murders on my immediate doorstep just this last 24months or so). Its a rough area full of drug takers, drug dealers, nutters, wanna be's. Most folk are on 10 out of 10 red alert living round here. It's been time to move for a while, but alas, circumstances prevent it, so I'm here to stay for a while longer yet.

Laz! i work right by Jacobs factory an use the "ralla" as its known every day

morning is fine, its bad come any time after 14:00 when all the scumbags come out

im having issues at the moment with young rapscallions on motorbikes around broadway bridge grr!!

hope you heal fast, an keep riding!

Jeepers, I went out yesterday and all I had to contend with was a suicidal squirrel and a fat cat with bad reflexes..

Sorry to hear your horror story, hope you feel better soon..

Back