commuting front light

Re: Re:

JamesM":1bapbcoq said:
bojangle":1bapbcoq said:
must have built in batteries

OPs request was so it was waterproof, no other reason. The setup is waterproof if you get the correct battery option and I even gave first hand evidence of its ability in the wet. If he had said because I don't want to carry two parts around with me I wouldn't have suggested it but he didn't.

Regards,

Carl

drcarlos":31f2izec said:
JamesM":31f2izec said:
bojangle":31f2izec said:
must have built in batteries

OPs request was so it was waterproof, no other reason.

That's not how it reads.

bojangle":31f2izec said:
I want a front light, must have built in batteries, waterproof! ( you would be amazed how many lights have died on me due to water ingress!) bright enough to be seen and bright enough to see the road in front of me

Simple self contained waterproof bright light for using on road. I think something like a Lezyne Macro Drive would be much better suited.

Re:

Ive used lots but you can't beat an exposure joystick. lasted way longer than all the cheaper ones I've tried combined and you can run a rear light off it too.

Mine's done a few 1,000 miles in all weather and been perfect.

Re:

Torchy the battery boy has done some tests http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/bi ... abase.html

The lights he sells on ebay seem good value (look for fluxient on ebay) as he uses decent batteries and chargers which appear to be the downfall of the cheap lights from China.

I'm currently using a joystick and it's good but pricey. However the light spread is poor. I use the joystick with a diffuser on strobe . I'll probably get one of torchy's lights in addition to get more spread.

bobgarrod":3a5eppqd said:
I'm currently using a joystick and it's good but pricey. However the light spread is poor. I use the joystick with a diffuser on strobe.

That reads everso slightly like a review for a sex toy. :LOL: :facepalm:

Back