Colored Tires? Liking the BOTM entry with yellow tires

Well, you may be pleased to find out that the tyres on the 'fox are far from some 'super-hard -to- find-when-you-do-extend-your-loan, type of thing!

Good old kenda!

Plenty around, affordable and work. I saw them last saturday in the raw rubber. ;)

I build these a few years back.

The first has some real color. But brown is also a color.... And what about red wall tires....

No problem with it....

Grotefoto-NMYRAK8F.jpg

Grotefoto-KKS7BDP3.jpg

Grotefoto-POLJUFVJ.jpg

Grotefoto-ONNCJSWU.jpg

Some nice examples here!

Jussa,
Grey and red look great on that bike. Also, I know about Curio UK, thanks. They sell on eBay under username curio-uk. I've bought from them and agree they are top notch sellers. I've been meaning to get a set of neon green tires from them.

I have every color 26" knobby tire I can think of except purple. I know there are street/cruiser tires in purple, but they won't fare well offroad, especially on sand, mud or wet grass. Macaw used to make purple tires BITD, but I don't know of anyone that makes them today.
It seems to me I've seen 26" MTB tires that look almost silver; I'd like to find a pair of those to make an all-silver bike.

JSO,
Green Wildgrippers on green spin wheel look awesome as well, and I think the blue SweetSkinz look better on that GT than black tires. btw, did you know those SweetSkinz tires are actually some kind of blue coating (paint, rubber?) applied onto black tires? I'd be interested to see how they wear over time.

I have a few builds in mind, but like JSO alludes to, I'd like to have all the parts before I start building, and the problem is that I always seem to find another frame for sale that I want that takes precedence. Such is the quandary when you have a lot of storage space.

One of the builds I have in mind is for my Nishiki Pinnacle e-stay. It's black crackle paint over hot pink with blue decals, so I'm thinking of a combination of pink parts and maybe blue cables would accentuate the paint job. I already have some pink ONZA bar ends for it. I wish Nishiki had chosen a different color than neon pink, but I feel an obligation to pimp out my collection of Nishiki e-stays, and pink is the hand I've been dealt, so I'll work with it. I figure it takes a real man to ride pink, but rather than risk derision and possible assault, I think I would only ride my "Pinkacle" during October, which is Breast Cancer Awareness Month (at least in the U.S.) or perhaps for the Susan G. Komen 3-day, 60 mile event.

http://www.nationalbreastcancer.org/bre ... ness-month
http://www.the3day.org/site/PageServer

There's also the possibility that someday I'll find a nice lady who can put up with an old geezer like me, in which case I will make it her bike. Any female takers out there for a fat, balding old man? Hey, it could happen.

Trying to upload pics, but it's not working. I'll wait for the rest of you to stop hogging the internet and I'll upload them later. ;) :LOL:

Bart,
I forgot about brown being a color also. It looks great with those grips and saddle, but I still wish there was a knobby version in brown.
Frank

OK, thanks to all for signing off and allowing me a bit of internet bandwidth so that I may upload a few pics. ;) :LOL:

The first pic is the Macaw poster from the early 1990's. Believe it or not, there are some colored tires in that pic, although you'll have to scrutinize the entire poster VERY carefully in order to find them. It took me a couple of hours before I finally noticed them. ;) :LOL:

The other two pics of course are of my potential build using hot pink-wall tires. Sure, white tires would work, and blue would work as well, although I cannot find a blue tire to exactly match the decals. Besides, I want to accentuate the hot pink "lightning bolts" resulting from the black crackle paint.

OK, if any pink-haters out there, let the ballerina jokes begin!

Attachments

• Nishiki Pink-acle.jpg
    Nishiki Pink-acle.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 705
  • Nishiki Pinnacle.jpg
    Nishiki Pinnacle.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 705
  • Macaw Tire Poster.jpg
    Macaw Tire Poster.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 706
Is white a colour? My '95 Marin as it was about 12 months ago. :D

Attachments

• 1995 Palisades Trail.png
    1995 Palisades Trail.png
    140.7 KB · Views: 685
Thank you for the comments guys its nice to have a bit of fun with the old muddyfox and it can handle the off road hills as well just need to upgrade the elastomer in the stem now cheers

When I picked up my teenaged sons American Comp Lite off of Craigslist, It had red sidewall tires on it. First thing I wanted to do was remove them for some nice skinwalls or blackwalls, but he didn't want to. Must be a generational thing. Drives me crazy every time I look at it. Sorry, no pics.

Ductape":1oidblfk said:
Sorry, no pics.

No need to apologise, its a good thing!

Its like not having a photo of a purple septic toe or a red itchy STD rash. Many unpleasant and nasty things are different colours from the norm, thats how we know there is something wrong with them. None of them should ever be proudly shown in public without fear of ridicule.

Back