Colnago Precisa fork threaded

Re:

What fork did you change to. I’m considering doing the same to my x-lite, but am struggling to find a suitable fork.

Thanks,

Stuart

Re:

Dear Wressus,

Thank you for getting back to me. Have you noticed any great change in performance?

I ask because I have a master Olympix x -lite that I'm restoring. The threaded chrome forks are starting to rust so I was weighing up having them polished and rechromed (estimate £180) or replacing them. Your link is really helpful.

1 inch colnago carbon forks seem pretty rare (apart from on the C40 that I sold last year) so maybe I go the steel route.

Best wishes,

Stuart

Re:

Dear Jono,

I've been quoted £150 from a team in Ashford, Kent. As I live in Sheffield, I would have thought I'd be able to find someone closer, but to no avail so far.

Thanks for the tip.

Stuart

Maybe it's the cost of postage?

I have used Silvabronz who have done several Colnago forks for me but not for a few years.

They are in Alton in Hampshire, certainly no closer to you than Ashford but I can vouch for the quality.

Re: Re:

plasma2873":1a4xt066 said:
Dear Jono,

I've been quoted £150 from a team in Ashford, Kent. As I live in Sheffield, I would have thought I'd be able to find someone closer, but to no avail so far.

Thanks for the tip.

Stuart

Try Prestige Plating Mexborough S64 9HU they have done a few frames/forks for me with excellent results, very competitively priced.

Back