Clockwork Paint Info Please??

Owen":317lz9wc said:
Anthony,

You do have a point, I don't expect to hammer the Clockwork anything like I do my modern rigs, but I'm intending it to be my day to day comute/light off road blast bike. So it will be used regularly and well things happen so if possiple I would like to achieve a nice but tough finish.

Doctor,

You read my mind sir! ;) That's exactly the idea I had last night! Did you do the white fade and laquer yourself? (rattle can?) Or did you get someone else to do it?

I did it myself in 2 pack, but I have full painting facilities. I can't recommend the use of 2 pack paint without breathing apparatus. Rattle cans rarely have the right atomisation to get a nice fade.

Before I now get a flood of requests to paint frames, could I just point out my car restoration company has a 18 month waiting list and i'm about 3 months behind* on that. Sorry guys :cry:

*Too much time on here!

Pobably should have read your other post more thoroughly.. '2 pack' would have answered my question.. :roll: :oops:

No worries I for one wont go asking you to do a frame! It's good to know I was on the right track with that idea though! :) There was a local paint shop I used to use that did both PC and wet spray, they were really good guys too, and did some really good jobs for me in the past for very respectable prices. Unfortunately that was a good few years ago and I don't think they are still around.. Still it means I have a process in mind to discuss with other places and see if I can find someone to do it.. :)

Cheers

So.. I spoke with a few local places today, and one of the powder coaters said he has perfomed two-colour fades before and to recreate the original orange/white fade in PC should be "no problam at all"! And the best thing.. he reckons it should cost about £40 - £50 max for frame, forks and stem! :shock:

Too good to be true??? :roll:

Only one way to find out I guess.. :?

Back