Clive Stuart Cycles

Good to see it is back. However, not sure about some of the 'Clive Stuarts' in the gallery section. There's one or two there that look - to me at any rate - a bit dubious.

The one I would like to find is one ridden by Phil Griffiths, most likely sourced from the Stoke shop, in the iconic yellow with chrome head lugs. There was a photo of Phil riding this in anger on the front cover of an 'International Cycle Sport' magazine. Funny how some things stick in your mind for years - but I wish I could remember what I had for lunch.......................................:rolleyes:

You should probably remove the 'h' from 'Whitcomb' in the text on your homepage though, curyam. Whitcomb was a contemporaneous Liverpool framebuilder with no business connection (afaik) to Witcomb in Deptford Sarf London..

Now how did I know Nob would have photos of PG on his CS?! Nice ones. I was with Brian Rourke yesterday at Brian Robinson's funeral and meant to ask him about the frame - but forgot! To much else going on I'm afraid.

Now how did I know Nob would have photos of PG on his CS?! Nice ones. I was with Brian Rourke yesterday at Brian Robinson's funeral and meant to ask him about the frame - but forgot! To much else going on I'm afraid.
I did ride one time with PG on the famous Gloucester chain gang rides midweek which he used to attend back in his younger days…I only did two of those as they were tough with top west road men also in the gang….

Just remembered I've got this. Bought from the Stoke shop early '71 along with some CS shorts, quickly rebranded 'Live Art' to avoid the RTTC stasi. It is fairly large and was good for taking stuff when riding out to events.

Attachments

• Clive Stuart Bag.A.jpg
    Clive Stuart Bag.A.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 5
I've spoken with Brian and he confirms the frame was a Roger Kowalski build. No idea where it is now or if it even still exists!

Back