Cliff Shrubb frame and forks - karma GONE

Tad

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hello folks,

Another to clear out. GONE TO A NEW HOME

The deal is that you collect from Horsham West Sussex (I'm happy to meet at the station, direct trains from Victoria or London Bridge) and then make a donation for what you think it's worth to you to the cancer charity that has helped me out so much during my treatment over the past four years via my fundraising page here:

justgiving.com/fundraising/T­ad-Kowal

I'm not taking any money, all the funds go to the Olive Tree Cancer Support Centre. Of course if you don't want it and just want to donate, please go ahead. I'm not putting a price on it, just take it and donate whatever you feel is fair. I will update this thread when it goes. Please message me if you're interested.

A Cliff Shrubb "SHRUBBY" frame and fork - This is a dear bike to me. It is the bike that got me in to road riding. I bought it used in 2001 (or there abouts) from Geoffrey Buttler cycles in Croydon and would join the staff from both their shops on Wednesday night rides. It came with a full Dura Ace 7400 8 speed groupset down to the hubs, headset & bottom bracket. I have no idea what the tubeset is I'm afraid but it will no doubt be high end given the componentry fitted. Cliff was a truly great frame builder, every tube was the right one for the job. I used to use this for club runs as well as 10 & 25 TTs with aerobars fitted. I was planning to restore it (paint is grotty, no dents though), that's not going to happen now, it deserves to go to someone that will appreciate it for what it is. Size is 51cm c/c seat tube and 53cm c/c tt, 1" fork. tolerances are tight, I've only ever used 23mm tyres, you might get a 25 in. The paint on the BB shell is burned as I had to get a torch on it to free the seized in BB. Threads are OK, I screwed in and out an old set of greased cups this morning with no probems.

More info on Cliff here:

http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/bu ... lders.html

Sean Yates won the National Pursuit 5000m championships on a Cliff Shrubb, this being one of the first low profile machines, with a hidden headset concealed within the head-tube. Tony Doyle won World Championship Pursuit on a Shrubb, and the Australian World Sprint Champion John Nicholson has ridden Cliff Shrubb frames. Indeed Cliff recollects that one year Sean Yates and Tony Doyle came 1st and 2nd, meaning that both 1st and 2nd place were taken by Shrubb frames! One of Cliff's most unusual commissions was the frame for Dave Le Grys' unsuccessful attempt on the world pedal speed record in 1985

Please PM me if you're interested.

file.php

Re: Cliff Shrubb frame and forks - for charity

Really lovely looking frame, hopefully someone can get some use out of it and give generously to the charity in exchange. GLWS.

Re: Cliff Shrubb frame and forks - for charity

Rod_Saetan":3lvn7l8d said:
Really lovely looking frame, hopefully someone can get some use out of it and give generously to the charity in exchange. GLWS.

Thanks Rod, I've added a link to Cliff's bio and some more of his history.

Back