Cleaning up tyres - garage queen level

Took a microfibre cloth to the tyres tonight and buffed the sheen left by the AG ITS - now they're mostly a slightly shiny bare rubber look. Absolutely mint. :cool:

I also took a Sharpie fineliner marker to the tyre labels. I knew they wouldn't be perfect but they're a million times better and the tyres now look as good as new (unless you want to go nose-touchingly close to inspect the touching up!). Perfect for this little garage queen. (I know not to everyone's tastes!)

Re:

Nice idea with the sharpies on the labels, they look great! Fine tip I'm guessing?

Most of the retro tyres I pick up are from the recycling centre, so usually filthy, and the car liquid bath is a norm for me, but have also been looking for a treatment spray, I'll have to see if I can find the Auto Glymm stuff.

Re: Re:

Steve_T":gkjk6ui1 said:
Nice idea with the sharpies on the labels, they look great! Fine tip I'm guessing?

Most of the retro tyres I pick up are from the recycling centre, so usually filthy, and the car liquid bath is a norm for me, but have also been looking for a treatment spray, I'll have to see if I can find the Auto Glymm stuff.
Thanks! Oh yeah, Fine Tips! And I had to use a magnifying glass with a super steady hand. But even then the top started to fray and the colour bled a little. Nevertheless a million times better and essential for this garage queen.
As for the AutoGlym, I'm pretty certain any other auto tyre dressing will do a similar if not exact same job. :cool:

Re:

I know they sell this stuff here called 'No Touch' where you just spray it on and leave it, I may give that ago, I need to buy more tyre dressing for the car anyways.
:)

7050321_ntc_nt216_pri_larg.jpg

I've tried the clear shoe polish on gumwall tires. I was out riding, and got caught in a rainstorm, so the bike was a mess. The waxed sidewalls cleaned up very easily! Will continue doing this...

71CJCFx2T%2BL._SY355_.jpg

Back