Claud Butler?

Re:

Hi Tel

Thanks for the input.

The bike was in a worse state 30 years ago than it is know, it was stripped and all parts replaced.

At a guess I would say only the frame, forks and badge are still original but 30 years is a long time and my memory isn't what it used to be.

I was thinking about email Claud Butler direct about frame numbers but feel it would be a lost cause!

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

And yes the frame weighs next to nothing.

Cheers

Long road

Re:

Hi all

Been doing a bit more investigation by means of talking to Dad, it would appear I still have the original wheels and handle bars for my Claud, as he remembers what parts he replaced for me 30 years ago.

He did offer an explanation to the frame number and frame, being that Claud had has factory bombed during the war and lost a lot of stock, so maybe a newer stamp went an an older frame? (Open for discussion).

My Dad also has a Claud which is a slightly larger frame than mine by an inch or two, his frame is from 1932.

Just a bit more food for thought guys.

Cheers

Long Road

Sorry for being a bit late to the party, but the frame number easily marks it out as 1956, March (563) the 1226 is the frame count. The plain tops to the stays and the lug-less brazing point firmly to a Buccaneer.

Back