Claud Butler Spectre

Re: Re:

jimo746":1lmhscpa said:
Yup, those elastomer are toast (or gloop)!
Early Manitou elastomers should work (the fork is basically a close copy of the original Manitou forks), I managed to salvage a few elastomer from my Shocktech forks and supplemented them with a couple of elastomer from some Pace RC-35 forks, you need a bit of trial and error to get it right though.

Thanks, yeah i have had some very good advise on these forks and I keep learning about them all the time.
I have some other sets of Manitou and Pace I can borrow from to experiment with. Once I get it set up nice i then need to replicate it as the Shocktechs I have on the Offroad are a bit stiff for my liking.

Re: Re:

drcarlos":2088ydbs said:
Should brigg made as far as I know all the Reynolds framed bikes were handmade there and it was only when they moved to alloy that they became Far East made generic frames.
What you have there is a proper old skool craftsman made lugged steel frame made out of some fairly good tubes.

Carl.

Thanks, that is great to know. I have never owned one of these before. I had no idea what i had bought, but now i have it, i'm very glad i went for it.

Well, its sort of going back together.

In general, its got decades of filth on it but aside from that, not bad, so after cleaning and checking, stuff is going back.
The chain rings are ok, just seem to be worn into a funny egg shape...

I'm putting stuff back on asap, as I have a few projects on the go and always have bits everywhere.

Well, ive been putting it off, erm I mean waiting for the worst to drip off! Gravity has done all it is going to do now so I went in. Took more bits off and got a bit sticky.

The top out elastomers are good, for some reason. The 3 separation washers for each side are glued together.

In the coke bath. will see what its like tomorrow.

If anyone has a set of the screw in ano bolt covers like these but any colour that they would like to sell me, let me know....

Ti railed saddle couldn't be any more 1992 if it tried. The colour didn't come out well in this photo, but it seems to go well with the frame colour.

Re:

That USE bar is a bit tasty. :cool:

I'm looking forward to seeing how this comes together as it has some similarity to the planned build for the Dawes.

Oh, by the way- I found some of the Mt. Zefal pump mounts on eblag. I got a pair for £2 which will go nicely with the NOS pink pump I also bagged. There were other sets of brackets on the bay for around £4.

Just in case and all that. ;)

Back