Classics and coffee

ignatzcatz

Dirt Disciple
If you have a classic lightweight why not come and join us for a ride out in the Sussex/Surrey countryside on the first Saturday of the month. The ride starts from Broadbridge Heath Village Centre just West of Horsham with roll out time at 10. It's not too fast, not too slow and not too hilly making the coffee stop after about 20 miles. Your machine should be of the standard L'Eroica criteria that is exposed cables, d/t or h/b/c, clips and straps and pre mid '80s.
Our last ride featured one of the very first Bianchi built and one of the very last Youngs ever built. It's just an appreciation of these fine machines, and a coffee as well.
That's 'Classics and Coffee'

Re:

May I ask how many people, on average, meet up? Shame I can't join in on one of my early '90s bikes. I imagine that limits the numbers somewhat.

Mike

Hi Mike,
It's early days and the first of these rides was only a couple of weeks ago so we are not up to ten yet but it hasn't been extensively publicised so as more folks do the ride more folks will get to know of it. The main reason for starting the rides was due to the fact that I have six classic racers that really don't get ridden sufficiently. When I'm out with my club you need the full on carbon machine just to keep up with the head bangers so at least once a month the old treaders do get an airing.
So get hold of some early iron, steel is real, hit the bike jumbles for some old timey kit and join us on the rides.

Attachments

• DSCN0833.JPG
    DSCN0833.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 994
Re:

What club would that be then?
I already have three road bikes with another one on the way. Two steel, one ti, one plastic. I really have no room for any more.
Plus, it's a little before my time as a cyclist. Started in 1990, so it was all aero levers and clipless pedals then. Except for Kelly, obviously! :LOL:
As a result, I don't get misty eyed about earlier bikes. Though there are some fantastic older bikes being built out there! :cool:

Hope you get good numbers though ;)

Mike

Back