christmas songs, best & worst.

It's Stop The Cavalry.

Fave spotlight on Christmas Rufus wainwright

Worst. Anything on the Bob Dylan Christmas album I bought last year :facepalm:

The History Man":26ujlo7t said:
It's Stop The Cavalry.

Fave spotlight on Christmas Rufus wainwright

Worst. Anything on the Bob Dylan Christmas album I bought last year :facepalm:

On a slight tangent, did Warren Zevon ever do a Christmas album?

Surely "My Shit's Fucked Up" is a worthy, upllifting anthem just perfect for Christmas?

No? Just me then.

Warren zevon back in the high life. There's a heartfelt ironic song. Find it.

I used to love Fairytale but one Xmas a few years ago, it seemed to be played every five minutes everywhere I went and it put me off...

Faves are Wizzard, Slade, Rockin around the Xmas tree (doing the stupid dance that Macauley Culkin did in Home Alone) and completely randomly I Was Born on Xmas Day by St Etienne, which may be crap now but Sarah Cracknell looked hot in the video. Partial to Stop the Cavalry too.

Kevin Bloody Wilson - nuff said.

Seriously - - Stop the Cavalry - Jona Lowrie - brilliant song, but also quite sad. Wasnt going ot be an xmas song but it had beels in so was released at that time i think.

Band Aid is deffo up there for the worst - I mean they dont even celebrate xmas in Ethiopia - it isnt in their religion.

What has Christmas got to do with Christianity anyway?

My favourite picks over the years include Stop The Carvery, although I don't think that Baron Knights Smiths spoof actually got further than my imagination, Mull Of Kintyre, Brick In The Wall, and of course Killing In The Name.

Fave Greg Lake - I believe in Father Christmas

Worst by far ever - The Reynolds Girls - Christmas Rapping :facepalm: :twisted: :twisted:

Surprising the difference a good cover version makes; I wouldn't touch Elton John's original "Step Into Christmas" with a barge pole. The Wedding Present's re-working of it, though - now you're talking....

David

My Mrs fave is "I want an Alien for Christmas" by Green Jelly.......U-Tube it it's great :)

Worst , Last Christmas - Wham

Back