Chris Froome: fails drug test

9 months.

9 friggin' months. And a week before the tour.

Does it really take that long to sort this out? And moreover, is it really sorted?

So, onto the next question - how much shit (literally) will he and Sky receive on the roads in the forthcoming weeks? How imaginative will the fan protest outfits be? Is the badger ready for a scrap on the podium? (Silly question, of course he is).

Should make some interesting viewing ;)

screenshot2018-05-25at14.04.36.png

al-onestare":2s5p7yjx said:
9 months.

Does it really take that long to sort this out? And moreover, is it really sorted?

So, onto the next question - how much shit (literally) will he and Sky receive on the roads in the forthcoming weeks? How imaginative will the fan protest outfits be? Is the badger ready for a scrap on the podium? (Silly question, of course he is).

More about the money and access to top lawyers than anything else, other riders have had bans for less but lacked the resources available to Froome and Team Sky.

Makes me more sceptical of his innocence than less.

Rk.

To be fair we'll never know or be privy to the facts/case notes etc in order to make an informed opinion.. that said I welcome his inclusion (I really do)

I imaging he will be tested or scrutinised more than ever and should he bomb there won't be a shortage of people lining up to throw stones and say I told you so!

however ,

if he triumphs over the field and all the neigh-sayers or ultimately comes in the top three having taken the race all the way to the wire in Paris ........fair play to him,
And lets not lose sight of the fact that even without the added pressure heaped on him, winning or even placing in the top three is a big ask for anyone

naturally I hope for a Froome win - but time will tell and History will ultimately judge him

Re:

I am not a long term cycle racing fan, I have only really paid it any attention in the last five or six years, but I am always amused /bemused by people who think or at least imply that drug taking and pushing the limits of what is legal started with Lance Armstrong. FFS the winner of the first ever TdF was disqualified from a later edition for taking a train, and what was it again that killed Tommy Simpson?

It is competitive sport so pushing the limits has always happened, as it does in every other highly competitive sport. Everyone does it all the time, that is why there is no great outcry from other riders and teams... 'there for the grace of God...

If you can't watch the TdF or other cycling events because of this.. well good luck finding a sport where limit pushing does not happen.

Re: Re:

NeilM":2mhaivm4 said:
I am not a long tern cycle racing fan, I have only really paid it any attention in the last five or six years, but I am always amused /bemused by people who think or at least imply that drug taking and pushing the limits of what is legal started with Lance Armstrong. FFS the winner of the first ever TdF was disqualified from a later edition for taking a train, and what was it again that killed Tommy Simpson?

It is competitive sport so pushing the limits has always happened, as it does in every other highly competitive sport. Everyone does it all the time, that is why there is no great outcry from other riders and teams... 'there for the grace of God...

If you can't watch the TdF or other cycling events because of this.. well good luck finding a sport where limit pushing does not happen.

100% agree.

M-Power":h5k9tx4z said:
NeilM":h5k9tx4z said:
I am not a long tern cycle racing fan, I have only really paid it any attention in the last five or six years, but I am always amused /bemused by people who think or at least imply that drug taking and pushing the limits of what is legal started with Lance Armstrong. FFS the winner of the first ever TdF was disqualified from a later edition for taking a train, and what was it again that killed Tommy Simpson?

100% agree.

Columbia did just that last night (pushed the limits) and it almost paid off for them, even the non playing staff joined in.

Columbia did just that last night (pushed the limits) and it almost paid off for them, even the non playing staff joined in.[/quote]

Marginal gains :)

roadking":a6i37rpv said:
al-onestare":a6i37rpv said:
9 months.

More about the money and access to top lawyers than anything else, other riders have had bans for less but lacked the resources available to Froome and Team Sky.

Makes me more sceptical of his innocence than less.

Rk.

100% agree

Back