Children to be banned from cycling

The History Man":816watyh said:
This is my field. Been known for years.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bowlby
After the war, he was deputy director of the[ Tavistock Clinic], and from 1950, Mental Health Consultant to the[ World Health Organization]. Because of his previous work with maladapted and delinquent children, he became interested in the development of children and began work at the Child Guidance Clinic in London, which was also known as the East London Child Guidance Clinic. Located in Islington, it was founded[funded] by the Jewish Health Organisation in 1927 and was the first children's psychiatric facility in the UK and possibly Europe

Interesting Field ..

lazyrabbit":8gczg5dt said:
Of course! Education is dear to the hearts of [a select few individuals].

Well, it's often dear to the hearts of those deprived of education in other parts of the world: it's a route out of poverty. In Britain, those excluded from education often feel like they've seriously missed out too. And sometimes those who were home schooled. And let's not forget that education is often an important election issue, so it matters a lot to many people.

Personally, I detested school, but I have a daughter with a very rare, mild cerebral palsy and, when she was four, we were told by an expert neurologist that she would never speak a proper sentence, never understand many things, never achieve many things regarded as normal, etc. But she has done and the bulk of the credit for that is owed to the expert and dedicated work of the teachers she has had. Some teachers give education a bad name - some of my former teachers, for example - but those who appreciate the difference that a good education can make are not a 'select few'.

THM: Good work with the societal-norm-breaking sprogs. (Changes of tone and style are not always due to more or less forethought though.)

CassidyAce":19c4021r said:
lazyrabbit":19c4021r said:
Of course! Education is dear to the hearts of [a select few individuals].

Well, it's often dear to the hearts of those deprived of education in other parts of the world: it's a route out of poverty. In Britain, those excluded from education often feel like they've seriously missed out too. And sometimes those who were home schooled. And let's not forget that education is often an important election issue, so it matters a lot to many people.

Personally, I detested school, but I have a daughter with a very rare, mild cerebral palsy and, when she was four, we were told by an expert neurologist that she would never speak a proper sentence, never understand many things, never achieve many things regarded as normal, etc. But she has done and the bulk of the credit for that is owed to the expert and dedicated work of the teachers she has had. Some teachers give education a bad name - some of my former teachers, for example - but those who appreciate the difference that a good education can make are not a 'select few'.

THM: Good work with the societal-norm-breaking sprogs. (Changes of tone and style are not always due to more or less forethought though.)

Heart warming news to hear your girl making good progress , X
Its not so much the teachers ,who many work long hours and have good hearts but overall
School fills the young minds with mindless dross.
basically the system's and the country is broken
most kids are damaged by vaccination at birth .From the very same World health org.
I feel sorry for all the young with learning problems and
theirs many today ,how are these kids going to afford to work rent live in a country over populated and overpriced or just fall into poverty ..
very sad...

Chopper1192":2r0bosrn said:
Thank heavens The WHO never vaccinated me. I always knew that Roger Daltrey was a bad 'un.

Well the Kids are Alright
I can see for mile's
I won't be fooled again
I'm free

Cognitive dissonance is a catchy little number..

Chopper1192":10qsnxmx said:
Thank heavens The WHO never vaccinated me. I always knew that Roger Daltrey was a bad 'un.
Well you are meaty Beaty big and bouncy.

Back