Children to be banned from cycling

Good point and duly noted.
Nothing of a perverse nature was implied
Mainly flogging teachers with rhubarb and throwing a few cabbages.

The History Man":29gbp0fr said:
Guess what I do these days?

If i were to hazard a guess
You indoctrinate children with a skewed version of history or maybe you grow rhubarb .
no offence intended

The History Man":31oxnz38 said:
Guess what I do these days?
road safety officer?...i preferred to be called the cycling proficiency teacher..the schools i taught at said they could only ride to school once they passed their test.otherwise they would walk.some heads would wait at the gates and watch the kids as they came in.having memories like a bloomin super computer they would know who had and who hadnt passed.the idea of a number plate just would never work.

For the last 15 years I’ve worked with secondary students who fail to conform to the societal and educational norms and expectations of schools like this, leading them to be excluded from mainstream education. This can include adhd, add, odd, asbergers, phobias, neglect, abuse, violence, etc etc etc. Largely it’s down to poor or no parenting, perpetuating the cycle within families. I also work with parents/carers to achieve consistency and care.

This can be within a mainstream or special school or referral unit, in groups or individually.

I started out as a history teacher. Then head of English. This was after 15 years in the Met.

And yes I am. Completely.

You were in the Met, eh? What was Michael Fish like? ;)

On a serious note, I am with Mr History. There are other factors, but parenting is the key one. Google ACES, Adverse Childhood Experiences. A child's brain is quickly 're-wired' by what they see and experience at a young age as a result. Yep, the constant high adrenalin and hormone levels from living in an insecure or abusive environment actually cause the brain to grow differently to a normal human brain. It becomes very difficult to undo that damage because it's physiological, not just psychological. Its only just starting to become understood, but it looks like nurture is the biggie, although nature can come into it. Mrs C is a retired Copper and now a special needs teacher, so I get my ear bent on this stuff daily.

This explains it far better than I can...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YiMjTzCnbNQ

As for me, I don't work at all, after 31 years serving the Queen I've had quite enough of work. I don't count the high level cycle training as work because I'd do it for free anyway if I didn't get paid. None of my students have number plates on their bikes.

Back