Chas Roberts

Re:

looks like a white spider, but the hardcore extra light racing one with the forks and the seat cluster

no idea who the rider might have been, but you are looking at the Tim Gould/Dave Hemmings era I think

fairly sure Carl has/had one of these (a beauty - obvs!) so he can explain a lot more than me, for sure

potentially a fantastic bike for someone and a project well worth taking on, hopefully the frame is structurally sound and any work is purely cosmetic

Re:

Nick you really do need the dishwasher.....!!!!

It will either be a std white spider in the team colours, or an Ultralight. Unfortunately the spec is no indicator.

If an ultra light, it will have an oversize Ultralight top tube, Max down tube, a lightened B/B shell and seat tube, the rear tyre clearance will be ample. Its clear this has a Max down tube, the rest the new owner will discover I guess.

Judging by the pics, I almost wanna see it first hand, if an ultralight, it could be battered, built F.R.O excess weight was removed, potentially and expectantly reducing lifespan.

Mind you, it has some choice parts, so if a pony the sum of the parts and all that.....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

That headset is pretty special... bikes not bad either :)

Already hitting some strong money!

KDM":ebukoov1 said:
and the opinion now of extra light or standard?

I was referring to the overall condition really, certainly doesn't look as battered as I first thought, only when in hand will you tell the difference, and if an Ultralight then it may not be as bad as first expected.

Would be nice to see it here I must say.

Back