Chas Roberts and canondale old race bikes sale

mark_biddle

Retro Newbie
I am moving house and yet again getting my old race bikes out of the loft so think it is time to let them go. First is early 80,s cr Roberts, 753, super record throughout, mavic ssc grey rims. Second is my Roberts track bike which is 531 main tubes with Columbus forks and stays, campag, gp4's that have been tied and soldered. Last Roberts is my tt low profile, Reynolds aero main tubes, Columbus cx forks stays, modolo cronus levers, dia compe aero brakes, cinelli clip less pedals (I have Adidas mercx shoes with plates on them). Last is a late 90's canondale with campag throughout and a spare set of kysyriums. I will try and upload pictures soon but having trouble as the ones I have taken are too big. All are virtually new, apart from the low profile. I built the other 2 Roberts over the off season in order to use next year and never got started again. The ssc grey rims don't have any brake wear to give you an idea. I have not tried to pump the tubs up as I presume the inner tubes are rotten as they are 35 years old ! The bikes have been hanging up all the time and so the tubs should not be misshapen if you want to sew new tubes in. They had tyre protectors on them as well. Some of the small bits of chrome has light surface rust but nothing bad and could be cleaned or worst case re-chromed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 1,864
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 1,860
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,860
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 1,860
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 1,850
Re:

Sorry, sizes are all 24.5 inch apart from the track bike which is 24 inch. I am in North Essex about 20 mins from the m11/m25 junction. I have no idea of worth, I am just about to look in the classifieds to get an idea and will then post prices. I have also found original recipt for the 753 road frame and my old campag spanners.

Re:

That Roberts 753, my goodness! Probably looking at around £800 for that.

Maybe £600 for the track bike and the lo pro.

£450 for the 'Dale.

Good luck with the sale. I'm glad I'm too short!

Re:

What a fantastic collection. If only I was a little bit taller and a whole lot wealthier...!
How tall are you?

Re:

Hello, many thanks to all that have contacted me. I didn't realise I would get that much interest ! I have struggled to come up with prices for these so contacted a dealer and he has suggested some prices. I have put the bikes on eBay with a couple more pictures and prices. 753 and dale 1,000 lo profile 750 and the track bike 600.

Back