Chain Reaction Cycles.....doh

Jones":32rfa9e8 said:
KINFAST":32rfa9e8 said:
i say support your local bike shop as the internet wont be able to fix your bike

I don't think there's many people on here who have bike shops work on their bikes ;)

Too bloody right, I say buy stuff on the net and learn to service the bike yourself!

I went into my LBS a couple of weeks ago and asked if they stocked individual chainrings. I was told "Oooooh no, you'd be better off getting that on the internet.". Physician heal thyself!

Russell":2pethtrh said:
Jones":2pethtrh said:
KINFAST":2pethtrh said:
i say support your local bike shop as the internet wont be able to fix your bike

I don't think there's many people on here who have bike shops work on their bikes ;)

Too bloody right, I say buy stuff on the net and learn to service the bike yourself!

I went into my LBS a couple of weeks ago and asked if they stocked individual chainrings. I was told "Oooooh no, you'd be better off getting that on the internet.". Physician heal thyself!

I went to my LBS a few weeks ago and asked for some chainrings. He said they have all the bits I needed but to try Chain Reaction to see if they had a different brand which would do/be cheaper.

Maybe he took pity on me as I had my knackered, yet very comfy, Vans on :LOL:

I'd love to support my LBS, but they are just too expensive.

Mind you they will price match, which helps alot, they even have a computer on the counter now to check the pricing. :D

I live in NZ and me and my mate have bought heaps of stuff on there.
Even when I bought what I thought was the top Sigma wireless computer with cadence and they put the wrong discription in the ad. So i paid sod all... it turned up and it was the wrong one. I emailed them and they paid for shipping and everything and sent me the top computer for the bottom price! :D
We have www.torpedo7.co.nz over here and all the LBS's are not very impressed with them... but they are only like that cause Torpedo7 is near on half the price of most LBS's!

I agree Bike shops are becoming way too expensive on repairs and the like
My lbs charges about £15 for a simple job[ie tweaking a front or rear mech]

Seems they want to charge £80 an hour for their mechanics work
This is just madness,a customer may not start cycling if they're put off by inflated repair bills
A tenner to repair a puncture seems the norm' +all they do is stick a pre-glued patch on.

I dont like even buying parts from them,the prices are always going up :(
£25 for a un52 BB + £15 fitting= £40 to fit a bottom bracket :shock:

Or 'can you tweak my rear mech?' ,thank you sir that will be £15 for a five minute job

Sod them ,they've had their day

Theres a lot of physical shopping around with LBS if you find what you want its likely to be more expensive by a lot. I don't mind a couple quid but 30% more is crazy in this age of options.

FWIW CRC have been pretty good for me in the past, even the tough wheels seem ok, just like Wiggle. Loyalty would be good as Doc says.

Back