Caygill Custom Columbus

Spending tonight watching telly and cleaning the threads of the UN71 BB... giving the cantis a polish too. Rock n roll.

DSCF3639.jpg

DSCF3640.jpg

Its been a very busy day! Picked up the frame this morning and the colour is amazing. I cant quite capture it in my photos, its a bit greener than in the pics. The powder coater did a fantastic job of it. So i popped into the workshop and chased the BB threads, installed the headset and crown race and then built the rest at home. I'm still waiting for my LX sti to arrive before i cable it.

The rear wheel rim is starting to wear, and the rear hub is quite 'rumbly', so i think its not far off a new rear wheel. Everything else is in top condition. The steerer on the P2 forks is bang on the right length (i was still nervous about this even after a trial fit before it was powdercoated!)

The bad new is it may have to go. Half way through this build i managed to get my dream bike - a Kona Kilauea - so the choice is to either scrap that project and keep this, or sell this on and put the funds toward my Kona. The decision may be made for me as the other half operates a strict 1 in 1 out policy...... if any one has any interest in owning this then PM me.

Anyway heres some pics:

DSCF3671.jpg

DSCF3672.jpg

DSCF3641.jpg

DSCF3644.jpg

DSCF3647.jpg

futuristicoldman":834rh8sa said:
I'd say this trumps a kilouwotsit tenfold, definitely one to treasure.

agreed

You wanna swap a bespoke Caygill for a mass produced Kona? OK.... get the Caygill built and ride it..... swap the parts (where you can) to the Kona and ride it..... then make a decision.

Latest posts

Back