Carrera

ss

hey, i have a pair of truvativ ss cranks with an isis bb & a dmr tension seeker (with the spacers for normal rear hub conversion) that i'm not currently using. the bb fits my '94 lava dome, can't remember what size it is tho... let me know if you're interested - bit shabby mind....

My first proper mountainbike was a 1990 or 1991 Carrera Quattro Comp in the smoke finish with XT throughout.

Did 2 or 3 seasons of Cyclocross with it (South Wales area) as a Junior and lots of trail riding before getting a Marin Eldrige Grade in 1994. Still got the Eldridge Grade as my main bike (project starting soon) with the original XT pedals from the Quattro as well as the original Quattro XT hubs on that (albeit with different rims).

Id love to get one as a project bike! Memories eh..

Paul..

I started working for Halfords in 91, and remember thinking that Carrera and Saracen made the best looking bikes I had ever seen up till then. (working there got me interested in bikes properly) I think that the black/yellow splatter type paint jobs and the types of names they chose (Krakatoa, Waikaloa etc) owed a little to the Kona milleu.

The Catalyst wasn't one of their best though. looked great. Utter dog.

Unfortunately some of the Carreras around then lost a lot of their apeal when the finishes got really boring: compare a B52 with a Quattro or Krakatoa and you'll know what I mean:-(

Cheers folks.

Would love to see some pics if people have any. Should be a good build. Simple but good - was thinking the geared route but .......

Back