Carlton Super Course needing some love - car boot find

Re:

Props to you for de-mystifying the insides.. :)

Yeah that should be OK. Your pawls are as fresh as a daisy! In contrast, I had to make a new pair out of an old plane blade. Apart from that, I put the races through a regime of fine grinding pastes with sacrificial balls (which I'm not particularly advocating as a race renovation strategy- at least not without re-hardening, which I haven't done.) I also smoothed off the edges of the pawl housings a bit with a honing stone to counter any tendency of my home-made pawls getting caught on them.
In my case I gave the thing a bit of attention 'cause I've had it for over thirty years and become sentimentally attached to it. (So it is all my fault that it got messed up in the first place.. :( ) It's actually a nice bit of engineering, imo. Other freewheels I've been inside usually rely on a collection of wafer-thin spacers to fine-tune the bearing adjustment. This design makes them superfluous.
Now it ticks like a... well, what does tick as nicely as a well-adjusted freewheel? It is very therapeutic, whether attached to a bike or not. Just need to keep the moisture out of it from now on..

Back