Carhall Frame Trying to identified The Frame.

Izak

Dirt Disciple
Carhall was a cycling shop in portsmouth. Bought frames and use his own labels . Bought from Witcomb, Bob Jackson, Major Nichols and others. So its difficult to identified The frame and help will be welcome. Frame number 3678. Undernearth Number on bottom bracket 257. Shimano SF Dropouts rear and front. Had a stuck Campagnolo Seatpost. It is removed. Diameter 26.2. The frame was Renovated by Bob Jackson and his label is in photo. Must be a good frame to rebuilt . Carhall Labels is not available. The frame will need to be resprayed.

Attachments

• DSCF2577.JPG
    DSCF2577.JPG
    433.7 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF2578.JPG
    DSCF2578.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF2579.JPG
    DSCF2579.JPG
    349.4 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF2580.JPG
    DSCF2580.JPG
    331.1 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF2581.JPG
    DSCF2581.JPG
    350.3 KB · Views: 18
Going by the main lug work the frame could be quality although the chainstay fluting sort of refutes that idea. Unfortunately the fork crown and head set look to be from the cheaper end of the market. To my knowledge 26.2 is one of the rarer seat post diameters - I only recall coming across one frame which took that size and that was built with Vitus 888 tubing. If I were you, before I went any further with the frame I'd be checking the sizes of both the BB threads and the internal diameter of the fork steerer.

Hi. The headset is standard 1 Inch. Bottom bracket Standard British. The number 257 Also appear on Fork steerer. Internal Diameter of fork 22mm . Recheck the saddle post 26.2. Thank you Izak

Thank you. Think you are right. The Lugs is spearpoint with a Heart in the middel. That makes it hard to find the make of the bike. The Cycle shop bought frames and then built a bike for the customer. Have to do Homework on this one.

I took photos of the lugs. It might help. Thank you

Attachments

• DSCF2582.JPG
    DSCF2582.JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 4
  • DSCF2583.JPG
    DSCF2583.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 3
I believe the heart cutouts were a standard Prugnat design used by many builders.

Back