Restored Olmo SLX with 10sp Campag

hondicusp

Dirt Disciple
Olmo Sintex Columbus SLX Road Frame

Beautiful hand built top of the range frame from one of Italy's most famous framebuilders

Seat Tube c to c 59cm
Top Tube c to c 57.5cm
Seat Tube internal diameter - 27.2
Front Mech - braze on
Chrome forks, RH chainstay and part of rear dropouts - see photographs

Columbus SLX frame and forks, late 80's. Frame has recently been renovated at Bob Jackson in Leeds, rear spacing was reset to 130mm to accept modern 10/11 speed systems.
Colour is Sparkling Silver, decals were from Cyclomondo in Australia and it has never been ridden since the respray.
Pantographing on top of Seatstays, Brake Bridge, Bottom Bracket Shell and Fork Crown, I think these are all shown in the photographs.
The Chrome is very good, its not absolutely perfect on the forks but it is pretty darn good.
There is a tiny indentation on the top tube, its not that easy to see but I have tried to show it on the last photo just so that it has been declared.
SLX was the tubeset Columbus produced to meet the demands of pro riders in the 80's who wanted more stiffness than Columbus SL. Hence it is fractionally heavier than SL but was the top of the range tubing in competition with Reynolds 753. With the bottom bracket removed you can put a finger up into the seat tube and feel the helicoidal butting that is the trademark of SLX.

Equipment is a mix of new and nearly new Campagnolo 10 Speed, all the items marked NEW have never been used.

Brake / Shifter levers - Campagnolo Chorus Carbon Fibre 10 Speed
Chainset - Campagnolo Chorus 170mm 53 /39
Bottom Bracket - Campagnolo Chorus NEW
Front and Rear Derailleurs - Campagnolo Veloce NEW
Brakes - Campagnolo Veloce NEW
Chain - Campagnolo Veloce NEW
Cassette - Campagnolo Veloce 12 - 25 NEW
Brake and Gear Cable Set - Campagnolo NEW
Seatpin - Genetic Heritage NEW
Saddle - Selle San Marco Magma MG
Headset - Stronglight A9 NEW
Handlebar Stem - 3TTT RECORD 84 NEW (NOS)
Handlebar - Areo Carbon Fibre wrapped alloy Anatomic Shape NEW
Wheels - Campagnolo Zonda rebadged as Eurus purely because I didnt like the Red/White/Black Zonda decals, I think the Black/White of Eurus looks much better. NEW
Tyres - Vittoria Rubino Pro

Price: £1000 ono
This can also be bought without the wheels, simply deduct £300 from the price.

The bike is currently in the Lake District but I work in London / South frequently so delivery/ meeting at mutually convenient place etc is possible. I can box and post it, we'll just need to agree a price.

Photos available to view at this link:
http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/hondi ... t=9&page=1

Thank you for looking

Re:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it. It's really lovely in the flesh, however it has to go.....

Price Drop £850 or £550 without wheels

Latest posts

Back