Carerra Krakatoa.

and, I am lead to believe but cannot confirm, the 'special tubing' will be Reynolds 501 at least.

A 'budget bike of quality'? hmmm?

legrandefromage":3n7gt0pc said:
and, I am lead to believe but cannot confirm, the 'special tubing' will be Reynolds 501 at least.

A 'budget bike of quality'? hmmm?

Really? Interesting indeed. I know the models a couple of years later were Reynolds tubed.
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. Most of the bits are now up in the For Sale section sadly, but the frameset will remain karma (plus postage) if anyone would like to take it on.

what size is it ?
might go for the karma thing unless you get any better offers

I missed this first time round and looks like I have missed it again :cry:

My first MTB, and in the same size by the looks of it. Let me know if Frameset doesn't go after all.

Hello Mikee/development_cycle - it's a 19 inch frame, 22 inch centre-to-centre top tube. Drop me a pm if interested and we can sort it out.
Cheers,
Dave.

let development cycle (lee?)
have it dave
seems more pasionate about it

mike

mikee":ymkhqp2v said:
let development cycle (lee?)
have it dave
seems more pasionate about it

mike

I have a no decal 21" version in 501magnum if you get bored:

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... hlight=501

carerra_501_magnum_frame_925.jpg

Krakatoa was the bloody bike responsible for starting me out on retro bikes and rebuilds and which has indirectly cost me a lot of money this year.

It turned out to be quite a nice bike in the end, but I gave it away when I bought my Eldridge Grade, and now I've got ten bikes in various stages of undress.

Here's a pic of my first ever rebuild, quite proud of it really. :cool:

Attachments

• Carrera5b.JPG
    Carrera5b.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 836
Back