Car thread: TVR Tuscan

jez-4-bikes-max":16j809fy said:
Ok guys - I might be going off the S2000.

I'd stick with your first choice. They have an excellent reputation for a very good reason. They're bl@@dy good. ;)

2 wheels good, 4 wheels bad. Simple as that !

So if you have to have a silly car might as well be avery silly car so buy it, you know you want to.

jez-4-bikes-max":q9ow8g37 said:
but I only drive about 4 miles to work.

from expereince Jez that will cause part of your problems - you won't ever drive it enough to get the engine warmed up properly, and then if you ever do get it to 'Temp' are you patient enough to sit in it waiting a couple of minutes for it to cool down before switching off?

Don't want to put you off - a TVR Tuscan is a far superior car to an S2000 IMO but horses for courses again.

BUY IT - YOU'LL LOVE IT! :cool:

(and besides which you will always get your money back on it too whatever time of year)

Yeh both cars have strong and weak points:

My mate sumamrised it on email like this:

S2000 : +'ves are it's totally 100% reliable, go anywhere in it and running costs the same as a civic. -'ves are it's a little boring looking and doesn't have supercar pedigree.

Tuscan: +'ves are it looks and sounds awesome. Will make small children cry and girls wet!! -'ves are it will cost you a mint to run and you'll be on first name terms with the national RAC workforce

As a retro sort of a guy, my preference would be the following:
112_0609_05z+morgan_aero_8+left_side_view.jpg

If you want a motor that spends more time in the garage being fixed yet again than under your arse then the TVR is ideal! Everyone i know that has had one has bitterly regretted it. look damn fine though! :)

You've forgotten a couple of positives for the S2000.

It goes like stink and handles beautifully. It's also got far more 'pedigree' than the TVR. ;)

TETSUWON6.jpg

Why not a Porsche 911, I´ve owned one -79 , they are rock solid but old.

BMW ALPINA B10 is good too.

Fornutately there´s more cars than a S2000 and Tuscan.

Dude, don't buy a TVR, they are absolute garbage. Poorly built, naff 'Kit car' fit and finish, chassis rust out, rear wishbones rot from the inside and colapse and they're so unreliable its funny- we get bored counting the number of TVRs with the bonnets up on the way to Le Mans every year.

A good friend of mine bought one two years ago, brand new, looked great and went like stink. 3 weeks in it broke down and went back to Blackpool to be fixed. It spent 7 of the first 12 months back at TVR in total. After breaking down for the second time in as many days (after 3 weeks back at TVR) he got out of the car, called the dealer and told them where the car was and walked away leaving the keys in the ignition. He then spent months and a fortune in legal fees before he got a full refund on the car. He now has a 3 year old Carrera 4 which is just fantastic if slightly dull.
Whats your budget Jez??

Latest posts

Back