Car advice - SAAB 95 1.9 TDI - YEAR 2006

Re:

Had a '88 Ovlov 240GLT estate auto for nearly 20 years :D

Best car I've ever owned..................

Re:

My Dad had a 900 Carlsson, like this:

IMG_8884_zps474fabed.jpg

He'd previously had a number of very ordinary Vauxhalls, so I was quite surprised when he bought a Saab, especially such a flashy one with skirts and a spoiler.

I only drove it once and it was pretty nippy, but what really struck me was how quirky it was. It was front wheel drive, but the engine was mounted longitudinally, the windscreen was miles in front of you, it had a vast boot and the doors wrapped under the sills, so that when you opened them the edge of the car was right next to the seat, which made it easier to get in and out. It was really solidly built as well. Given that they're fairly rare, I wonder if he should have kept it, it would probably start to appreciate in value at some point if they haven't already.

I had one of these. Identical. Took the wife to hospital in it and brought her back again with our twins. Guess which journey was the quickest!

Attachments

• tumblr_mn33fu478Z1qanlclo9_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_mn33fu478Z1qanlclo9_r1_1280.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 456
Then i swapped her renault 5 for one of these. And bought a fondue set. Both superbly safe and reliable. Lots of metal around you.

Attachments

• 17012011018_zps157e35a5.jpg
    17012011018_zps157e35a5.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 454
Re:

Currently have an Octy estate but is drinking oillike no tomorrow.....

Saab I'm looking at is like this.....

Re:

Will have a look tomorrow - not deliberately seeking a Saab, but Octy is sending out bad vibes. Cheap to run though :D

Was looking for another Octavia really but not much around locally and some folk are charging silly money for dogeared high milers..........

The Saab is closeby and cheap so will have a gander. The 1.9 Fiat diesel motor seems acceptable.

Back