Car advice - SAAB 95 1.9 TDI - YEAR 2006

Mr Panda

PoTM Winner
MacRetro Rider
Feedback
View
One of the above is available locally for a few beer tokens.......quick google search suggests no major issues and a good load lugger (it's an estate model)

Anyone any experience of them?

Has approx 133k miles on it..........

:xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Defunct brand. Parts will be expensive and eventually unavailable, best avoided. Better go with a mainstream brand with support infrastructure.

If its the 16v model: SWIRL FLAPS - very common.

http://www.saabscene.com/forum/threads/ ... -1.9ttid-s

These are Fiat engines that GM somehow seemed to completely fluff up. Black smoke is injectors, check for mayonnaise in the coolent, rough idle is usually EGR valve stuck - these can be bypassed but may bring up engine light depending on model.

Electrical gremlins - sensors: airbag lights, abs/ traction control lights - often just corroded connectors rather than actual faults.

Re: Re:

RadNomad":2y9qv301 said:
Defunct brand. Parts will be expensive and eventually unavailable, best avoided. Better go with a mainstream brand with support infrastructure.

These are GM/ Fiat engines. Lots of pattern and genuine parts easily available. Shares a lot with the Vectra and Insigna for suspension parts.

Re:

I buy a lot of beer token bikes and cars. Service history is good if it shows a timing belt change and any other known necessities for the model at that mileage.

120k plus cars are usually in line for major suspension parts, possible engine issues depending on models, but I hear Saab quality control was pretty good so not much to worry about other than the usual mechanical wear.

If nothing else, another car to strike off the list once owned. We all should have a Saab or a Volvo or two in our list.

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":3k7drv2o said:
I buy a lot of beer token bikes and cars. Service history is good if it shows a timing belt change and any other known necessities for the model at that mileage.

120k plus cars are usually in line for major suspension parts, possible engine issues depending on models, but I hear Saab quality control was pretty good so not much to worry about other than the usual mechanical wear.

If nothing else, another car to strike off the list once owned. We all should have a Saab or a Volvo or two in our list.
Yes,but a pre GM Saab.I had an 89 LPT 900 and they are bombproof,ultra reliable. wouldnt mind an early 90s 2.1 Volvo either,not the newer"Mondeo with leather seats"ones.

legrandefromage":2ywv75wz said:
These are Fiat engines that GM somehow seemed to completely fluff up.

Sadly LGF, it wasn't just the Fiat engines that GM completely fluffed up. Such a shame. Not that I'm a massive Saab fan, but it seemed like a BMW-Rover style mismanagement. The automotive landscape is all the poorer without those crazy Swedes.

My first car was an ORANGE 245dl estate. I was so cool.

But on the Saab front, the classic 900 was lovely. After that it started going downhill.

Back