Cannondale skip find!

Beginners luck :LOL:

Steve.

Edit: I'm going back later to look in the skip again because i've just seen a Ribble Bikes bike box sticking out on the road side :shock: Wander what else lurks within :eek: :eek: :eek:

majoreyeswater":i21k0o9l said:
Should have asked earlier but what year is this bike and what spec was on it originally ?

Cheers all, Steve.
My Saeco 'dale, which was a CAAD3 frame, came with Shimano 105, but wasn't the full race replica, which had Dura Ace and fancy wheels.

it must be true that everyone's a millionaire in Jersey...

I was wondering when someone might bring that up :?

I wish there were more millionaires mate then I might come across more finds like this one :LOL:

Saying that though, on any Sunday you'll always find the well paid finance lot out on their top end, full sus MTBs rubbing us lesser mortal's noses in it :x

By the way, i've also been in a couple of episodes of Bergerac bitd (before anyone else fancies bringing that up as well) :roll:

Steve.......... living on a rock with hardly anywhere to ride :cry:

Heh...........I almost made a Bergerac reference earlier.........was going to mention the apparent high homicide rate on such a wee island....... :p

Stayed on Guernsey for a while- even less places to ride!

Lysander":kat848ol said:
Heh...........I almost made a Bergerac reference earlier.........was going to mention the apparent high homicide rate on such a wee island....... :p

I'd blame that John Nettles chap if I were you, that sort of thing seems to happen wherever he pops up - look what's happened to Midsomer since he arrived in the neighbourhood. ;)

To the OP - excellent find there! If it's structurally sound (as appears to be the case) then I'm puzzled as to why someone just binned it. Takes all sorts....

David

Just thought i'd update this little thread with a couple of pics of the frame.

Removed the stem, headset & bars. Cleaned it all up and put on a new 3TTT stem. Looks a lot better now ! If finances allow I may start a proper build so will transfer over to an appropriate thread. Masses of questions because road bikes are an unknown quantity to me :shock: The last road bike that I owned was a Peugeot way back when I was in my teens (late 70s !).

P5120262.jpg

P5120263.jpg

Cheers for now and off to check out a big charity shop for bikey stuff :D

Steve

Back