Cannondale Raven 2000 (year 2001)

TheKuba

Dirt Disciple
My precious most valuable thing in my live, and I'll take it to my grave :)

(I would like to apologise in advance for my english, but I'll try my best.)

The story behind this bike:

before 2015/04:
I've posted some adds on Czech sites where I was searching for Raven frame. I did not expect that someone writes me back, but hey - somebody really did! Some guy from Prague was selling Raven 900 SX and he himself had Raven 2000 in that lovely silver color. I applied my negotiation skills and a deal was made.

2015/04:
I went to Prague and bought frame set with Lefty fork and Mavic CrossTrail wheels. At home I put it all together and tried Sram Centerline disc rotors. Then I ordered Schwalbe CityJet tires with amber walls, but unfortunatelly they messed it up and sent classic black ones. Which were in the end better, so I kept them. I was so eager to ride it, so I put on it some provisory components trying to make it ride-able soon as possible.

2015/05:
"Only" a month after buying the frame I was finally able to test-ride it. Even with the provisory setup it looked good, but I have another plans with it. Originaly mounted front Sram Centerlines was too big for brake caliper without reduction, so it had to go. In short period of time it tasted many seatposts and other components.

2015/06:
I've obtained a complete Shimano XTR M965 group set, including wheels, from my friend from Italy. And it went right onto the Raven. Unfortunatelly I cannot use the M965 wheels, because of that Lefty fork :( But I'll find some use to them...

2015/07:
Thomson seatpost and Syntace VRO stem found its place. Handlebars are Scud carbon, I am still searching for original Syntace handlebars, they were not included with the stem :/ But I bought Mavic CrossMax SL Lefty wheels from Germany, so I have that going for me, which is nice. I just have to wait until they arrive.

2015/08:
Wheels arrived and they were applied immidiately. It is almost perfect now. But as the time came by - some more moddifications were made.

present time:
Bontrager seatpost, Cannondale Coda saddle and smaller Sram Centerline rotors replaced the originals. But unfortunatelly I don't have any photo to show right now.

Attachments

• 2015-08.jpg
    2015-08.jpg
    304.5 KB · Views: 2,195
  • 2015-07.jpg
    2015-07.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 2,191
  • 2015-06.jpg
    2015-06.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 2,190
  • 2015-05 b.jpg
    2015-05 b.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 2,189
  • 2015-05 a.jpg
    2015-05 a.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 2,190
  • 2015-04 2.jpg
    2015-04 2.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 2,188
  • 2015-04 1.jpg
    2015-04 1.jpg
    178.4 KB · Views: 2,191
I love to build some older bikes, especially Cannondales. Here are some of my other projects. I hope you will like at least some of them :)

Attachments

• 05 Cannonadle F900 SL.jpg
    05 Cannonadle F900 SL.jpg
    291.2 KB · Views: 2,177
  • 02 Cannondale Prophet 4000.jpg
    02 Cannondale Prophet 4000.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 2,175
  • 03 Merlin Extralight.jpg
    03 Merlin Extralight.jpg
    314.4 KB · Views: 2,176
  • - sada.JPG
    - sada.JPG
    243.7 KB · Views: 2,177
Your Raven is superb in this rare grey color !
Love the Moots seatpost, why don't you kept it on the Raven ?

...and these RoksXe, a myth !

Mofofo":1nxyq9yl said:
Your Raven is superb in this rare grey color !
Love the Moots seatpost, why don't you kept it on the Raven ?

...and these RoksXe, a myth !

Thank you for such positive feedback :)

I like Moots too, but I don't want to mix carbon and titanium on one bike. But I haven't yet found some appropriate seatpost for that Raven. So any suggestions are wellcome.

Roks-XE are pretty awsome in my opinion. But I don't have any suitable bike for them :( At least at this time. I have Raven 900 frame set with Risse damper, but unfortunately the Fatty fork I have does not support V-brakes. So I am searching for some older Cannodnale frame to fit them onto. I hope I'll find something soon, I'm starting to be bored without any project to work on :)

Attachments

• raven 900.jpg
    raven 900.jpg
    242.9 KB · Views: 2,141
A solution for using your RoksXe on your Raven 900 : I am working for a disk adaptor for these wheels, as spokes as bolted on hub, I am pretty sure it's possible to bolt an adaptor on it..

To be continued..

Mofofo":rqnibv72 said:
A solution for using your RoksXe on your Raven 900 : I am working for a disk adaptor for these wheels, as spokes as bolted on hub, I am pretty sure it's possible to bolt an adaptor on it..

To be continued..

Hm... THAT sounds pretty interesting :)
When do you think it will be ready to ride? I could be one of your test riders :)

Still a project, but other project have take priority, sorry..
Do not hesitate to ask again later..

Back