Cannondale Pepperoni 1" Forks

The Peperroni's have large round legs and a are made of Aluminium.

Cheaper Cannondale's had spinner (probably?) steel forks which looked a little spindly when attached to those ugly fat tubed frames :LOL:

Magnet will tell you if they are aluminium, as would the "ping" test.

I was thinking of sticking these on the Wiskas - "big fat forks on skinny steel frame shock" - but the steerer is 6" long. I'd need to lopp off two inches and I fear if I do that I won't be able to sell them to a Cannondale lover because Cannondale's tend to have stupid long headtubes. :roll:

I thought these felt light when I picked them up so I shoved them on the scales last night...

720g – yes… that’s correct on my digital scales they are 720g (Lighter than RC31's)

yleop3.jpg

yleon0.jpg

Check out the thickness of the alluminium (aluminum)

yleonz.jpg

Excellent fork for a weight weenie retro build

Cannondale Peperroni Aluminium Forks – Cream, 1 “ Steerer, 6-1/2â€

some of them had a titanium steerer . ;)

so if it is really light , it might not be aluminium .

pepperon forksi

They sure look like a pair of pepperonni forks from cannondale, it´s got the tread for the special brakes cannondale used in those years. I´ve had two forks, I snapped my first one, and they both came from Cannondale with aluminium 1/4 tube. I´ve seen a couple of pepperoni forks with steel tube, they were both on non-cannondale's.

Just as an FYI...

Grove Innovations built steel 1" steerer forks for the early Cannondale mtb race frames and tandems, up til around '91 I believe.

Unicrown forks, canti posts, and brazed dropouts...welds will be near invisible.

These were the shit...def NOT spindley! :LOL:

cheers,

rody

Back