Can Someone tell me more about this 91 Rocky Mountain Glacier?

NigelFinnighan

Rocky Mountain Fan
I picked this bike up off of the local marketplace year or so ago. The story I've heard is that the "Glacier" is basically the "Blizzard" for the German market. The only difference being- the all-white paint job, and the name. The paint and decals look to be original so this would make sense, but I've never heard it confirmed. What doesn't make sense to me is, if you had to change the name of the product for an international customer, why go through the trouble and added cost of different paint? Does anyone know the story of these? I like the fact that it's somewhat unique, I'd just like to know why. I'd also love to know how it ended up here to Southern Alberta, but I'm sure nobody here can help with that aspect.

Someone ditched the forks years ago for the Manitou's, I changed the seat and pedals out. She is different now again with a different seat, seatpost, and brand new pair of shoes.
IMG_1596.jpeg
IMG_1589.jpeg

Kona had different paint for different countries on some of their models, also had to change/modify their name too so plausible.

Back