Can anyone help me indentify these hubs?

Sir Neil d'Menture

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Firstly many apologies. I've originally posted this in the MTB section. I'm daft like that!
I'll try again.
Hello to all. I've been told you are are fount of all knowledge for older kit.
Can anyone identify these hubs for me?
I've been given these as part of a box of bits. I'm wondering if they are worth making into a pair of wheels.
The rear looks to be an 8 speed cassette and has 24 spokes arranged in pairs. The front is 20 spokes.
The only markings are the three lines in the photo. There is an indistinct stamping which might be the letters I & A.
Other than that no identification marks.
Does anyone know what these are, and are they worth persevering with?

Re:

I do not know as I've never seen them.
But the stamp is probably a date code.

The stripes remind me of Canondale, so possibly their Coda brand (which are made by?)

Are obviously as most likely something else.

But since they're 'modern era' given the spoke layout, for this site.

Oh and I would have thought they are MTB hubs too, just some trending low spoke thing they did.

Thanks for that. I've searched high and low for that logog but cannot find it. I seem to remember it from some time back but cannot remember where or when. Cannondale have 6 lines. Coda, I think, were made by DT Swiss, amongst many. Spoke configuration is deffo odd.

Those stripes are Bontrager, I think, from the levels of wheels that tended to be fitted to mid-range alloy Trek road bikes (like a 1.7) around ten years ago.

Re:

Thanks. Most of that will fit what I know,but I cannot find the logo on any Bontrager products. Interweb shows either his name or just the letter B.
But I do know the logo and have had quite a bit of his gear in the past so maybe....

A little more digging, both on Google and through my memory, makes me think they were on the Bontrager Race X Lite wheelset, among others:
PB070007.JPG

also

https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/compo ... te-review/

...the stripes were often on the other side of the hub from his name, IIRC.

Re:

Thanks. Apart from what might be datecstamps there are no other markings. None seem to have faded with time.
I wouldn't know what bike they came from. I was just handed a box of bits as a freebie.

Bontrager is the best suggestion so far.

Latest posts

Back