Campagnolo Victory SS

DAVE O

Devout Dirtbag
Hi,

I've been looking on ebay and local cycle shops for a single freewheel for my Campag Victory hub - (as in my previous thread)

I've had the following reply from a ebay seller.... Anybody know if this is the case - or know if there is anything out there that will fit before I source a new hub.

ta Dave O.

Good call, old 80's bikes make great one speeds. The shimano and ACS screw ons use a 1.375 inch by 24 threads per inch (TPI). Campag use a very slightly different size, this here link suggests that teh victory are a 1.370 inch 24 tpi, so I dont think it will fit. http://www.bikeforums.net/archive/index ... 60045.html
We have been one speed bikemongers for over two years now, and have not yet found anything that works on a campag hub. Best bet is to get a cheap shimano cassette style hub, we can then send you all manner of bits to turn it into a singlespeed, or even a fixed wheel.

Sorry I've just read your heading, Campag. There is one I've seen a rear TT disc wheel with a screw on adaptor for track use, I know that's fixed gear but the spacing should be the same.

If you can't find the info try asking Nigel at www.campyoldy.co.uk

He may even have one, he's very helpful.........

if its a cassette rear hub,use the relevent rear sprocket you want and buy a single speed kit
e bay guy charliethebikemonger
does kits for both7 and 8/9 speed hubs,they are for shimano but its the spacers you want
put the spacers on to get chain line then your cog then spacers to fill hub up then secure it using the lockring
also easy to change ratios this way no faffing round with screw on freewheels
campyoldy is a really good shop would be suprised if he couldn; sort you out with some genuine stuff

hope it helps
tony

Back