Campagnolo Avanti Bottom Bracket

HansOberlander

Dirt Disciple
Hey guys,

I have a question about the bottom bracket for a Campagnolo Avanti 8 speed crank.
Which spindle length do I need? I understand that some Campagnolo cranks need 111mm and some 102mm. Also there seems to be a switch from JIS to ISO in '94?

After everything I researched I am more confused than I have been before :D

I would be greatful for every response!

Simon

Re:

Avanti uses 111 mm.

The JIS thing is a myth as far as I'm aware. Older Campagnolo bottom brackets were the same as ISO, except the tapered section was 1 mm shorter each side. Hence, a Victory bottom bracket will be listed as 109 mm, but is entirely compatible with a 111 mm ISO spindle - i.e. the crank will sit in the same place but the taper will go 1 mm deeper into the crank.

People often use JIS bottom brackets in old Campagnolo setups because they are available in many more lengths, so it's easier to get working if you can't find a correct Campagnolo BB.

A note of caution with Campagnolo 111 mm bottom brackets though, there are 2 kinds, 1 is for C Record/Victory/Athena/Avanti etc etc, the other is for post 1995 Record triples and isn't compatible. The current Centaur unit will work with Avanti.

Back