Campag Chorus 1st generation groupset

Re:

Ok thanks - look forward to see the pics today...

For comparison, what price would you sell the 8 speed ergo Groupset?

Re:

This one is a bit more expensive as it's in very good condition (aesthetically and functionally) where the first gen is in "good" (aesthetic) condition (in fact it's very good apart from the brake pivot bolts that are a bit spotted - it's fully functional too). I'm asking 425 for it (shipped). For that price you get:

shifters
derailleurs
crankset
bottom bracket (Italian)
headset
calipers
chain (non-campa but hardly used)
cassette
seatpost (27.2)
wheels (Chorus hubs, Campa Omega 20 clincher rims with lot's of years to go)

I'm working from home today so I should find some time to take pictures of the first gen groupset.

The other groupset is on a bike that is currently at a friends place. If you're interested I will get the bike and take some pictures of the parts.

Wim

Re:

Thanks Wim - pics look good...

Couple of questions...re 1st gen GS

1) Is the front derailleur braize-on?

2) do you have the chorus cassette block too?

3) would you consider a package price for both the GS's? What sort of of price would you be asking for both?

Naturally I'd be grateful to see pics of the ergo GS before any purchase

Hope to hear from you soon...

Re:

Hi,

the FD is braze on.

About the cassette: the first generation Chorus didn't have cassettes, it was still screw on freewheel. Honoustly speaking: I have no idea what brand the freewheel block is from. I'll givve it a very good clean and will try to find that out for you. But you have to know that in those years it was very common to put Maillard on it after the original was used (back than Campa -just like nowadays- was amongst the more expensive brands for those spare parts).

I will think about a package price but it won't be that much of a difference because I think my prices are reasonable. But I will think about it. ;-)

You want bot sets of wheels?

Wim

OK, I did some calculations. ;-)

If you take both groupsets as listed above, my price is 725 euro shipped to the UK. That price doesn't include Paypal fees. If you want buyer protection than add 30 euro.

I will send you photos of the 2nd gen.

Wim

Re:

Hi Wim

Ok - have a think about things and come back to me.

If I was to take any wheels, it'd only be the pair ( omega ) with 8sp ergo GS.

Send me pics of the other GS, have a think about price and let's have a chat again soon.

Thanks for your help so far, and let's talk soon...

You probably missed my latest post. I made you an offer. If you don't take the 1st gen wheel you can substract 50 euro so 675 shipped (or 700 with Paypal fees included).

Wim

Back