Camelbak advise please

I started with a Camelbak Lobo but moved on to a MULE (Medium to Ultra Long Exertions). It has another Litre capacity (3L) and more storage space than the Lobo. The HAWG is bigger than the MULE and more for epic rides or for folk who carry just about everything. ;)

Been using my MULE for many years now and can't complain, it carries all the spares / tools I need.

:D

+1 for a M.U.L.E

Had one for years, at a push it will fit a standard Gore-Tex mountain jacket, plus it has a 3l bladder and lots of pockets. If you don't use all the space it has compression straps to squish it down. I normally carry 2 x tubes, pump, phone, keys/wallet, folding tools and a First Aid kit and there's tons of room still left.

You can make a M.U.L.E smaller but you can't make a Classic bigger ;)

Dakine also make some very high quality packs. I use the Drafter, which has plenty of internal pockets, 3l water in seperate compartment, helmet carry and straps for armour/pads or extra clothes perhaps. Plus you can always squeeze an extra layer inside the bag despite having a banana, all your tools and full water bladder. They also have a size up for all day touring and a smaller version.

Their bike travel bags and gloves are also superb.

I've got the Platypus system a 1ltr and a 2ltr ,it slides into a berghaus freeflow 35.
Many wee backpacks have the facility for a hydro system with a separate slot for the bladder and an elasticated slit for the tube

Bladder,slit ,tube
:shock: Just where is this going :?

another one for the cheapo, I've got an aldi's one which is cheaper than the bite valve of the camelback. I'd say go for that first because not everyone gets on with them, help you decide if you need bigger/smaller or back to bottles.

Tesco's one for me, slightly smaller bladder, but holds all my tools plus waterproof. Prefer it to my old Rogue and about a quarter of the price....

I've got a medium sized North Face pack and have found it exellent for all day epics,only use it for really long rides though as I prefer bottles and hate having stuff on my back.

I prefer bottles and hate having stuff on my back.

same here but i can only carry one bottle and that doesnt last very long . £10 for a tesco or lidl its tempting me to go against my hatred for wearing a bag on my back though . it is annoying when the bottle is covered in filth :(

Back