CALLING PEUGEOT OWNERS. IS THIS THE DEATH FORK?

half cog

Senior Retro Guru
These came with a frame I aquired and am somewhat confused( its normal.)They look like the Lambert / Viscount third generation death fork. If I remember right the first two versions were lambert . !% of them snapped thus the death fork reputation. A third version was bought out by Viscount with a steel tube section through the middle.It is said that this cured the problem and this model is safe.Thing is they have peugeot stickers on the sides and 92 in roundels on the front. I appreciate anyone can put stickers on a fork but these look like they have been there a long time. Question.Is it the third generation death fork or something Peugeot produced?Does anyone own a set of these and ride them?Im not too sold on the idea one way or the other but it is a shame to throw a perfectly good fork away if there is no problem. On the other hand I can do without it all ending in tears. Any comments appreciated
Peter

Attachments

• fork  front.JPG
    fork front.JPG
    254.5 KB · Views: 682
  • fork92.JPG
    fork92.JPG
    198.9 KB · Views: 682
  • fork  side.JPG
    fork side.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 682
Re:

They look like the alloy Peugeot forks that came on the Comete an alloy bike they made around the early 90's as I remember ;)

Thanks .Was the peugeot recall due to the frame cracks or the fork as well. It def looks like that is what I have got
Peter

Good lord! You didnt die! Perhaps you had a faulty one.Seriously thanks for the reply.I see there is an annual death fork rally. They get together every year to see how many have survived. Peugeot must have had faith in them as the faults were already well known by the time they started using them.It is said that this model with the steel core is a safe strong fork.I was a bit surprised to say the least when it turned up on a frame I bought. Am still considering but comments one way or the other are most helpful. Thanks
Peter

Back