Wanted Cable disc caliper for drop bar levers

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Just one, preferably PM but FM might also work... Hybrid mechanical/hydraulic would be best:
Juin Tech GT
TRP HY/RD
If not, a BB7 road, or similar....

Got a pair of very good condition TRP Spyre SLC calipers in PM flavour. They work very well - my favourite cable discs.
After £48 posted. Can take a pic later if you're interested.

Rich

Hi Rich, the sypre is not one I was really considering, I would prefer a hybrid type and think I have found a good deal on the HY/RD, but please could you post a pic? thanks!

Sorry for the delay, once again my memory is playing tricks on me. Can't find the SLC Spyres but i have got this one in good order. I like Spyres. Their weakness is that they can get a bit gritty, but in my experience they are really easy to strip down and have feeling like new again - takes about 20 minutes.
This one is £23 posted if any good.

Attachments

• 20230401_082552.jpg
    20230401_082552.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230401_082512.jpg
    20230401_082512.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi Rich, I might go for that caliper, but I am still unsure on the fork... There are QR/post mount and TA/flat mount options. the TA is more expensive, but I am leaning towards it as I can see the advantages for heavy touring. Any idea if and how this caliper would fit to a fat mount fork? Pic of the fork (surly disc trucker TA), with a spyre (flat mount version):
2021-surly-disc-trucker-front-disc-brake.jpg

The caliper i'm selling can be fitted to a "normal" flat mount fork. The fork in your image though is unusual in that it is using a rear flat mount adapter, so my caliper would not fit that fork.
I have a disc-braked tourer and i use the Genesis CGR1 carbon fork on it. It has been brilliant - really solid, light and good vibration damping. They designed it as an upgrade for their straight steerer steel forks. I have been running the quick release version of the fork with 160mm rotor for a couple of years with zero issues.

Yes I thought the surly fork was a rear FM style, rather than a front FM style. Looks like the FM caliper would bolt straight to the fork for a 140mm disc, and the adaptor in the pic is for 160mm. I am very undecided on the dropout thing - I feel that QR should be fine and give no problems at all, but TA does have advantages... the surly fork in QR version is ISO mount, I think, so easy to adapt to any caliper.

Back