Buying a 2nd hand MTB, is it Stolen? Not an easy question!

If the worst happens and someone recognises it.........Pedal for all your worth to the nearest powdercoaters :LOL: :LOL:

Lysander":38i6xpqc said:
Y'know, I'm actually starting to look forward to these........ :p

I was watching Rainman on tv tonight and these threads popped into my mind, not sure why....

Gawd... another one of srands educational posts, full of random uses of CAPS!

Do you research this stuff yourself? or are you just quoting other websites to us? Why do you bother??

Well having just recently had the misfortune of buying a stolen bike, the police came round and took it away...which is fair enough, i mean if i had my bike stolen I'd want it back.

But the whole affair left me a couple of hundred pounds lighter, with the police telling me it was a civil matter and to take it up with the shop keeper who sold me it...so basically kiss goodbye to that money.

When the police came round to check if it was stolen they didn't even know where to look for the serial number on a bike, so i showed them and they were all very civil about it so no real complaints...just gutted that i got taken to the cleaners.

If its too cheap even if it is in a shop it's probably stolen...that's my lesson for the day. The shop was an independant place that does house clearances they often have furniture bargains, just because they can't know the value of everything or so i thought. First time i'd seen a bike in there so i snapped it up.

Well my various bikes will soon be covered on marks an sparks contents insurance. Which covers single items up to the value of £4000. The quote came in at ~£300 including me explaining I had 7 expensive bikes and a piece of industrial engineering art work I would like to insure as an itemised addition for £10k... About the ballpark figure that came into my head to manufacturer a one off RC500 from scratch, what with all the expertiese labour, machining and finishing ;)

Opened this thread without noticing who the OP was.
I will take more care in future.

Didn't know Tourettes affected the written word as well as the spoken word.

Can't your doctor up your dosage?

Back