Budget e-stay

In all honesty I wouldn't call it a BSO as it's fully upgradeable to decent level parts

But I really would consign all that 100GS to the bin/stick on some random boring frame and get rid on EBay

I like the look of the frame, I'm interested in what you do with it

Rob Atkin":2ss6p0qw said:
I being serious here - is 100GS less common than m900 XTR? I never saw any bikes BITD with it!!!

Looks like a nice frame. Deserves more, maybe LX/DX? Should ride nicely, well done for getting it rather than it wasting away (although I think a 100GS chainset with survive the Apocalyse!)

There was a 70GS as well!

Nos rear mech anyone? She's a dandy!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NOS-SHIMANO-7 ... 0622270685

Edit: Three posts in a row in the same thread... Oh dear... Better shut up and eat my lunch!

Cool little find though

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Like the forum states!! "If It's Old School It's In"
Nice bike, we all cut our teeth on bikes like these! And some where Bomb Proof!
Love E-Stays, will be nice to see it in it's former glory!

I know there was a 70GS, but it's amazing exclusivity and near mythical status means that 100GS is as close as most people will get.

If you take the chainset and other parts off it can you weigh them please?

Yeah, 100GS is very rare. 200 GS was more common around 91ish but was short lived. It was close to being a good groupset, let down by fragile trigger shifters and plastic brake levers IIRC.

Never heard of 70GS, but it doesn't surprise me.

I'm no expert, but I reckon this little beaut is around 89-90 vintage.

Chopper1192":1fait45w said:
Yeah, 100GS is very rare. 20 GS was more common around 91ish but was short lived. It was close to being a good groupset, let down by fragile trigger shifters and plastic brake levers IIRC.

Never heard of 70GS, but it doesn't surprise me.

I'm no expert, but I reckon this little beaut is around 89-90 vintage.

I guess that's a typo? Probably you mean 200GS?

100GS wasn't really that rare, just not so many survivors which is a testament to the type of gear it was usually attached to and 70GS is basically Tourney with different (still crap) shifters/levers

100GS is all steel and plastic, bad, heavy, bendy stuff 200GS isn't really any better. It's just crap

Back