Buckinghamshire

Carge":13qge5z5 said:
I'd be interested in coming along to other rides, but I'm unlikely to make the 13th May, as I'm going under the surgeon's knife on Thursday :(

How hilly is the riding likely to be? Hills & a hernia op probably aren't the best combo

The ride i had in mind had a fair few hills, but Graham know the routes so lets see what he says

Just checked my rota, i'd have to be at done by 12 noon on sunday so no good really.

How about the next weekend, 19th or 20th???

Carge":17y1ajsh said:
I'd be interested in coming along to other rides, but I'm unlikely to make the 13th May, as I'm going under the surgeon's knife on Thursday :(

How hilly is the riding likely to be? Hills & a hernia op probably aren't the best combo
Back in 1982 when Geoff Apps chose Wendover for his monthly off road rides, he did so because of the large range of rides possible from the town.
The flattest would be to ride the local canal towpaths. There is also several possibilities that involve starting in the hills and then keeping more or less to the same altitude. Some rides can be very technical whilst others are straight forward yet scenic. The nature of a ride could be discussed in advance and then tailored to the wants of the riders.

On rule of the original Wendover rides that I would like to keep to is that the rides are run as the pace of the slowest rider. However if a ride is well organised the faster riders can race ahead and then later regroup further down the trail.

Best of luck with the op Carge! :cry:

KeepItSteel / jujupunk. Sunday 20th May would be best for me.

Cheers,
If the ride is going to be the 20th May, I stand a better chance of making it :)

20th sounds good.

I'd be up for an all encompassing ride, some scenic flat bits, some good climbs, some technical sections.

Ok! :cool:

20th of May it is then.

Carge...
If you don't make this ride we can easily do another when you have fully recovered.

When Geoff Apps started rides centred on Wendover in 1982 you could count the total number of purpose built off-road bikes in Britain on both hands. These rides started with only a few breakaway Rough Stuff Fellowship riders who reveled in the challenge of riding difficult terrain. These few riders who had no idea whatsoever, that in 30years time such rides would be commonplace. :cool:

I did discuss with Geoff, the idea of celebrating the 30th anniversary of the start of these Wendover rides. However we decided to concentrate on marking the 30th anniversary of the first Wendover Bash of 1984 instead. It would be good to have RetroBike and others involved in this celebration of the birth of our sport in the UK.

I think I can do may 20th, working nights that weekend but shouldn't be a problem.

What time would we meet just so i can plan ahead

:cool:

jujupunk":3sihaxt7 said:
What time would we meet just so i can plan ahead
:cool:

I would guess a meet at 10.am for a 10.30 start as this would allow time for anyone driving a distance or getting a train out from London etc?

But I am open to other suggestions...

Back