Bucket List Bike - Grove Innovations Hardcore - DONE

Re: Bucket List Bike - Grove Innovations Hardcore

raidan73":gab1w300 said:
Small you say Martin ;)

Hahaha - Adrian alert like a meerkat!

mkozaczek":gab1w300 said:
I'll let you know if I get them back. One is complete and small and the other is medium, but with a rock shox not a rigid fork (1 1/8" like your HC).

I have another HC and an early Assault I'm hoping to redo as well, but we'll see how that works out.

Yeah, Rody no longer sells the Hot Rods separately and on top of that he only makes 4 bolt spiders.

I am fairly certain that Bill doesn't have any left, we discussed it a few years back when he redid my Grove.

That's the same info in got. Just the waiting list at Groovy is nuts these days. There's a waiting list for the waiting list. Hopefully he gets caught up. I really want to order a new bike from him - just artwork.

I'd like to get my mitts on an assault or aggressor as well. I'll probably wait to see how this rides. I suspect with the crazy high BB it will take a bit of getting used to.

Cool ;) although this is my 1st i've ever seen tbh :eek: and i'm a fan of such an upright stem but that's just me although i do like the shape any way those forks look awesome and i can't wait to see this build take off as your colour scheme is gonna pop big time :cool: ..

Re:

Almost have everything together. One of those builds that requires just about every bit before anything happens. I've got a ringle front hub on the way. After it arrives everything goes into to be annodized.

I need to make a choice about some cranks. I've got a set of tioga revolvers I'm leaning towards. In the absence of Hotrods they may look the part if I tart them up.

- NOS Ringle rear hub
- Ringle Ti Skewers
- Crystal Design cantilevers and brace
- NOS Sachs freewheel
- NOS Suntour XC Pro rear D and thumbs
- NOS Gravity Researdh Levers
- ODI grips

Re:

Though you didn't ask for it, I will offer my advice anyways. Being a hometown fan of GI they were practically never built in the theme you're going with. So while I fully recognize and appreciate that we each have our directions we go with these projects, the Groves that came out of State College and The Bicycle Shops always had basic and bulletproof XT style builds. Just my $0.02

I get that ... I actually mocked it up with the whole XT thing. It looked ok, but didn't do it for me. The look has been done so well already by restorers (you included of course). Felt like going a different direction ... May be a bit wild at the end for some, but it'll be different.

I like the way you are going with this.
It is still pretty classy with silver and black, and then the levers to pop out the pink from the decals.
Should look ace.

Re:

Back to another mock up. I did black xt734 - meh. A bling group, ok, but I didn't like the look of the front end, and now just a very basic xt730/5 silver group.

Still not quite there. I'd like to try some other cranks and a more period correct post.

Looking good... I think this is the way a Grove should look... good on you man!

Re:

All done on this one to. Just a quick shot before I post a pile more. Photobucket is acting goofy.

Frame: Grove Hardcore

Fork: Grove Hardcore

Headset: American Classic
Stem/Handlebar: Grove Hammerhead
Grips: ODI

Brakes: XT 734
Brake Pads: XT
Brake Cables: Shimano
Cantilever cable hangers: Shimano
Brake Levers: XT 733

Shifters: XT 732
Front Derailleur: XT 732