BSA Prima project - now for sale

chickendrumsticks

Senior Retro Guru
This just landed in the coop.

It comes with no-name (Raleigh?)bars/Cinelli stem, Shimano bottom bracket and no-name (Raleigh?) headset. And the usual Weinmann brakes and levers. As well as forks...

Ah yes, the forks! Nowhere in the ad was there a good picture of the forks, nor anything in the description, that prepared me for this when I went to collect:

Having driven the best part of 100 miles I wasn't best pleased as you'll imagine. But the frame is sound, and is 531 "tre tubi" so having negotiated a substantial discount on the asking, I brought it away.

So anybody got a pair of Raleigh forks they can spare? Frame is 22.5", steerer tube 187mm by 1" diameter, threaded 26tpi and a rake of 2". Length from top of crown to tip of dropout 380mm and with forged no-name dropouts with no mudguard eyes. Obviously I'll put a wanted ad on here too.

Frame number is WS0 000246. Which makes it a Worksop build from December 1980.

Attachments

• PRIMA1.JPG
    PRIMA1.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 2,228
  • PRIMA2.JPG
    PRIMA2.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 2,224
  • PRIMA3.JPG
    PRIMA3.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 2,224
  • OUCH3.JPG
    OUCH3.JPG
    67.9 KB · Views: 2,226
  • OUCH2.JPG
    OUCH2.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,229
  • OUCH1.JPG
    OUCH1.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 2,228
Re:

Where are you chickendrumsticks? I have a set of forks which are certainly not what you're looking for but which you're welcome to if they might work and you're not a million miles away. They're off a Dyna Tech (so made for 700c and I assume not 26 tpi).

Re:

Thanks Goldie - I am in deepest, darkest Norfolk... If your forks are steel and "look right" in terms of crown and dropouts etc I'd be interested. Thread is not too important as I'll probably fit a new headset anyway and respray them too. Obviously steerer length is key - 187mm or 7.4" at least - or they won't fit! Is there a picture? That's a lot to ask I know but it will help me decide if they're OK. What price if they are OK? Obviously I will pay any postage.

Thank you

Andy

Re:

Steerer might be a bit short - it looks about 183mm to me. I'll stick a photo or two up.

Re: BSA Prima project

46986781955_b77835a606_z.jpg

46986781585_95fc7e12cd_z.jpg

46986781335_b51fef9b36_z.jpg

Re:BSA Prima project - forks still required...

Rather sadly these smashing forks appear to be 1 and 1/8th steerer. I need a one inch jobbie. Anything out there?

And thank you Goldie for the kind offer.

Back