Browning Trials Unit - page 9 - Help me ID the frame builder

Re: Another British Build! Browning Trials Unit!

sweet 6lb 8oz baby jesus, whatever is that

Re:

Really looking forward to seeing this built up - is it the one where the seller was cheekily selling the forks separately?

Hopefully you'll have finished it in time for this years' show...?

:D

Re:

Yup, thats the one, but I had hinted back in 2007 that I was in search of a browning build and I had my eyes set on this one. Couldn't believe it when I saw the top tube decal. I am hoping to get to the icon-o-classic this year but its transportation BB, being a non driver can be a pain sometimes,

NOW.... this has certainly been a rider and is covered in chips and touch ups and normally this would mean getting new paint in my book BUT given the rarity and the originality,.... I feel we should just go patina?, use the odd bits and bobs of used and abused XT in the shed rather than sourcing some shiny parts, would keep build costs down and wouldn't be as many parcels turning up at RBG castle that would raise questions from my Queen (oh yes - she hasn't seen this one!) Oh, and stem and XT headset is on its way hopefully.

oh yes.... a rider

RBG

This is one lovely frameset which i'd guessed wrongly but who cares when it looks this good ..

Muddy paw":32geuq79 said:
This is one lovely frameset which i'd guessed wrongly but who cares when it looks this good ..

Agreed, at least you guessed it was lovely though :LOL:

RBG

Re: Re:

retrobikeguy":ojd1mkrq said:
NOW.... this has certainly been a rider and is covered in chips and touch ups and normally this would mean getting new paint in my book BUT given the rarity and the originality,.... I feel we should just go patina?

I'll be interested in what you do in terms of protecting it. I feel the same about my Aende, but didn't want to use Kurust on the exposed steel because the black would show up too much. Any thoughts or are you planning to just leave it as it is?

retrobikeguy":mbu6bqx5 said:
Muddy paw":mbu6bqx5 said:

Agreed, at least you guessed it was lovely though :LOL:

RBG

Yes it most certainly is and i actually feel jealous :mrgreen: ..

Good lord, that's stunning!!

100% patina on that. It looks used but not shabby - careworn.

Beautiful.

Back