Bronson C

Thanks, I'm over the moon with it, the granny ring is staying put for now, handy at times for spinning up climbs. The invisiframe stuff is incredible, certainly worth the money IMHO.

I love CyB was great fun, I'll definitely be going back again at some point :)

Plenty more rides planned.. Entered the wild boar chase in May around the Forest of Dean and I'm also in a team for twenty four12.

Not sure what else I'll fit in before twenty four12 but we'll see.

I just want to get out on my bike, but I don't think the weather is going to help much. CYB is closed, Cannock is closed, 'Degla has a lad of trees down and there doesn't look like there'll be much let up for a few weeks either. And the local trails are like bogs.

The single ring thing isn't too bad. I was ok even after two years after being off the bike...although I have dropped to a 32 tooth chainring for the winter. The narrow wide rings are like witch craft too...I've not dropped a chain since August.

That does help with chain dropping but if I do an all day ride the speed of a 38t helps in places and the 24t granny helps with some of the 1:4 climbs!

I may try it at some point though. For now I'm just enjoying it :D

Re:

So I've been loving the bronson, so capable on all rides I can ride it all day on xc epic or point it down as rough terrain as I dare (being honest I'm never going to be as capable as the bike) and it just soaks it all up.

decided I'd like to try riding without the front mech so rather than trying with just a narrow wide chain ring and loosing a lot of gear range I've now fitted an xx1 groupset.

image_zps25cda388.jpg

You flash sod!

Looks nice. My narrow wide ring is still going strong; I've dropped two chains, both in the sane spot at Bike Park Wales but I think it was more to do with the broken feral going into the rear mech that was allowing the mech to lose tension in big compressions. I have thought about fitting a range extender but I want to keep my short cage mech. I just need to get fitter!

How are you finding the Bronson in general?

Bronson could make me a one bike man... I won't let it but it is more than capable of everything I wish to do.

The rear shock lets it down occasionally in real rough rocky descents but I've been told a push tune could resolve (needs a bit more support in midstroke ideally) but it certainly doesn't stop it from being incredibly good from my limited experience.

Good stuff.

I think there's a fair few bikes like that these days. Even my Rune covers a fair few bases despite being a big silly bike.

I found the same when I demod a Rune with a Fox shock. Both ends needed some extra support. It's the first time I really got what all of the press were banging on about. I had an old Van RC Push tuned and it was amazing and outshone the Sixway on a bike that it replaced. Highly recommended.

Re:

I think for me I think it'll be a push tune or swap to the rock shox monarch plus to match up with the pikes (that's what the new nomads come with).

Back