bromwich cycles ?

I never tire of seeing that one :cool:

I'm going to risk it all here and briefly explain one of the possible routes by which the mountain bike, as we understand it, was developed.
Tom Bromwich probably supplied the frame for an off road bike which was built by Jim Guard of Southampton. This bike was supplied to John Finley Scott, who financed CK/GF with $10,000 later. He asked Tom Ritchey to build a replica. Tom claims to have built this bike in 1977 with a lugless frame for 650b wheels. The subsequent Ritchey Mountain Bikes sold by Charlie and Gary were 26" wheels but basically a copy of the 650b predecessor.
Some or all of this may be true. Or not. I haven't provided references because I don't want to write an essay.

Duxuk":3bpodcvf said:
I'm going to risk it all here and briefly explain one of the possible routes by which the mountain bike, as we understand it, was developed.
Tom Bromwich probably supplied the frame for an off road bike which was built by Jim Guard of Southampton. This bike was supplied to John Finley Scott, who financed CK/GF with $10,000 later. He asked Tom Ritchey to build a replica. Tom claims to have built this bike in 1977 with a lugless frame for 650b wheels. The subsequent Ritchey Mountain Bikes sold by Charlie and Gary were 26" wheels but basically a copy of the 650b predecessor.
Some or all of this may be true. Or not. I haven't provided references because I don't want to write an essay.

I believe an essay is required :)

Back