bromwich cycles ?

They look a bit basic for Bromwich?

Heres mine from the tip a while back

file.php

bromwich_update_826.jpg

That looks lovely LGF. Should have a Bromwich myself again, for the first time in about 20 years, in a week or two :)

Rod_Saetan":1shwg64v said:
Well that's not enough, is it Adrian? Come on man, where are the rest of the pictures?

Sorry for the delay Roly :)

Stripped down for the most part now. Not tried the BB yet though. I'm guessing around 1987 possibly but any input appreciated.

Accidentally picked this up today, from the original owner who recalled he bought it in 1988 and that it was built by 'Jim someone'.

image1_zps3mrvvk1s.jpg

I have another Bromwich frame so knew from the poor pictures what it was, it seems though that this might not be a Bromwich, but merely built by the guy who built the Cyclones and dressed in Evans decals (original 'Cut address' water transfers on the head and seat tube, later logo decals on the down tube) - the previous owner did mention that he thought it may have been a show/display bike too. Either way, 531, fillet brazed, early British MTB and not much money, the original Deore front brake is date-stamped 1988 so I guess his memory is a little out.

The far more intriguing aspect of the story for me though is the Evans connection. Some of you may recall this bike:

IMAGE_E1A8E22E-071B-4AAD-AE28-5934A8A9226C_zpslxyug6wm.jpg

which I purchased from the original owner about 5 or 6 years ago, and accidentally sold (long story) a few years ago. Anyway, it was also purchased from Evans in the Cut in 1988 as a custom order and was built by Roberts with the Evans decals. So, slightly off original topic but it seems Evans made a habit of selling really nicely made, cutting edge British built bikes for people in the late 80s and had a number of great builders on the books.

I would like to have more accidents like this......... :cool:

What are your plans bud...?

Resurrection No2 please...
Back in '89 I was on the hunt for a new Road frame and popped into a bike shop in the centre of Truro. I bought a Sirius frame. The MTB frames looked very much like the green dropped top tube frame shown previously - pretty forward thinking geometry for an off the peg British frameset of the time. I was told Sirius Cycles was overseen by Tom Bromwich. Can anyone confirm this?

Back