Broken hip...

Re:

A couple of years ago I had a fall onto my left hip which resulted in a fractured pelvis. No operation required, thankfully, and I gingerly got back on the bike after 27 days. I haven't experienced any pain or discomfort since it healed up, and I ride a lot. Hopefully, your healing will go smoothly as well... :)

Get an X-Ray to show all your mates and colleagues. Geraint Thomas style!

Seriously though I hope it's good in the long term.

Re:

Thanks for the messages guys :)

Saw the physio today, she thinks riding will be ok given time. :cool:

Adrian :xmas-big-grin:

Re: Re:

M-Power":2ml1om2h said:
Ahhhh sounds excruciating....hope it all heals up right. My dad collapsed and died out jogging at 50. I sometimes get the fear when im miles away riding solo.
Do not fear. Fear can kill you...

M-Power":h5qcymdh said:
I sometimes get the fear when im miles away riding solo.

Note to self: carry mobile

even though my off-road solo rides are within earshot of M25, there are many times I do not see another person so if something should happen, how long before anybody finds me? :x

BTW GWS.

02gf74":8amktcc0 said:
M-Power":8amktcc0 said:
I sometimes get the fear when im miles away riding solo.

Note to self: carry mobile

even though my off-road solo rides are within earshot of M25, there are many times I do not see another person so if something should happen, how long before anybody finds me? :x

BTW GWS.

Once you start to smell. Or a dog drags a bit of you back with it.

Re:

makes you think though riding on your own......had an off on the downs one evening and woke up I reckon 30/40 mins later with a displaced clavical, what looked like a white tattoo on one shoulder and a rather bloody face, given that it was getting late it was quite possible that I would have been there for some time until someone had come along!! :0

Mick

Back